Unable to get Network or Transport ID's (1 Viewer)

Myrddin

Free Member
Oct 13, 2009
Penllergaer, near Swansea
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
16 years
We have a Grundig Freesat HD Digital Box GUFSAT01HD (not Sky) in our Motorhome since Nov last year but have only started to use it a couple of weeks ago in Saundersfoot without any any problems This week we are in Broadway and again no problems on our first night last Sunday but since then dispite a strong signal strength of 90% am unable to get the network or Transport ID’s to come up.
Any help with this problem would be appreciated.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
i would agree with Derek.

doesnt matter which satellite you point at, it will show a signal strength....but not the one you want.
you could be pointing a tad too far south and pointing at hotbird.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
agree with Derek and John .. shift a few degrees toward East

atakd

Free Member
Nov 15, 2009
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since '99
When we had this problem turning the box of at the mains for ten seconds and retrying solved it. If you get a lock and then loose it by continuing to swing the dish some boxes won't relock.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
M

Myrddin

Free Member
Oct 13, 2009
Penllergaer, near Swansea
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
16 years
Thanks for all the replies above, unfortunately i had tried off of these. I email VanPlus in Crosshands and they replied very quickly suggesting after checking all connections etc to close the dish ( I should have added this to my message – I have a Maxview roof sat dish) and then power down before retrying. This has resolved the problem. Why i should have to do this whilst it was working perfectly on the Sunday night is a mystery to me as i have not moved it before finding on the Monday morning there was no service.
Good job it was not fitted to the wall of my house.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back