Unable to contact Mirror Guard (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
If only - but maybe now you feel foolish?

Not at all. I'm not the one jumping to conclusions and bad mouthing a company on Internet forums for no good reason.

Unless your had a guaranteed delivery date when placing the order, which you haven't mentioned, then your OP is out of order.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Threads like this are why I won't name my business on here or offer the services I provide. There have been quite a few occasions where people have been looking for, and sometimes struggling to find, things that I could have sorted for them but looking at the attitudes of some of the people on this and other similar threads I really don't need the aggravation. The one or two times I have helped people I've done it privately.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Threads like this are why I won't name my business on here or offer the services I provide. There have been quite a few occasions where people have been looking for, and sometimes struggling to find, things that I could have sorted for them but looking at the attitudes of some of the people on this and other similar threads I really don't need the aggravation. The one or two times I have helped people I've done it privately.
That's totally different to this bloke though, it sounds as if you have got all the business you need, which is fair enough , but this bloke is pushing his stuff at shows and Internet and other ways and relies mainly on one off sales, if he doesn't deliver these products then he hasn't got a business.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
That's totally different to this bloke though, it sounds as if you have got all the business you need, which is fair enough , but this bloke is pushing his stuff at shows and Internet and other ways and relies mainly on one off sales, if he doesn't deliver these products then he hasn't got a business.

Nobody ever has all the business they need. If I thought it wouldn't end up being more trouble than it was worth I could easily set up something for Funsters, special prices or something like that. I doubt it would ever be loads of business but there would probably be enough.

As it stands though I've got no patience with people who spit their dummies when they don't get their delivery 10 minutes after placing the order. That's not the kind of business I want. Those people should stick to Amazon.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
Well not really till he gets his stuff

Perhaps it can be resurrected in a week's time with progress rather than being a source of dispute within our community.

It seems that the retailer was in-communicado through a bit of bad planning and technological failures and is now back at work. I guess that he will be working furiously to clear the backlog and doubt that he would make the same mistakes again.

The tread now appears to be a series of disputes between members of the forum which isn't getting us anywhere. IMHO.

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
Seller expected payment instantly. Well automated. That suggests to the customer that the order has been placed and dealt with. I suspect the customer has no idea that the company is either small or even one person. Why would he?

Question is , what's a reasonable time? 1 day 1 week 1 month? I can understand the customers frustration. But as I said communication fail. Who was wrong? BOTH.

Reactions: JJ
Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
Perhaps it can be resurrected in a week's time with progress rather than being a source of dispute within our community.

It seems that the retailer was in-communicado through a bit of bad planning and technological failures and is now back at work. I guess that he will be working furiously to clear the backlog and doubt that he would make the same mistakes again.

The tread now appears to be a series of disputes between members of the forum which isn't getting us anywhere. IMHO.

Appears to be the case on many threads. :rolleyes:

Reactions: DBK
R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Threads like this are why I won't name my business on here or offer the services I provide. .
Me too

Once had a customer complain on Trustpilot that we were slow in replying to her email - I investigated and we had replied, in detail in just 21 minutes, which included writing the email itself.

Maybe we've become used to expecting instant gratification?

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Looking on the Mirrorguard website there is no mention of how long it takes them to deliver an order, however it does state that the product is 'in stock' which suggests that it's available for immediate dispatch.

A bit more clarity on the website would help prevent confusion and customer dissatisfaction.
Including the time taken to dispatch an order and the delivery options would also help.
If the owner is often away at exhibitions then maybe he should consider using an order fulfilment warehouse, which stocks and ships the orders.
This would enable a constant level of service, which would be good for customers and free up the owner for more productive tasks.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Looking on the Mirrorguard website there is no mention of how long it takes them to deliver an order, however it does state that the product is 'in stock' which suggests that it's available for immediate dispatch.

A bit more clarity on the website would help prevent confusion and customer dissatisfaction.
Including the time taken to dispatch an order and the delivery options would also help.
If the owner is often away at exhibitions then maybe he should consider using an order fulfilment warehouse, which stocks and ships the orders.
This would enable a constant level of service, which would be good for customers and free up the owner for more productive tasks.

I'd tend to broadly agree with your two points but have a couple of observations.

Firstly I think the website is a basic one off build. I'd be surprised, looking at it, if the guy has any access to the CMS to be able to easily post messages and updates. I agree that some idea of normal shipping times would be useful.

Secondly, as I understand it he manufactures the product himself in house and then ships it himself. Using an order fulfillment warehouse would certainly avoid shipping delays like this but would also add another level of complication and more importantly cost to what I think is an out and out one man band operation. We don't know whether he's trading at a level that would make this viable or not.

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
I'd tend to broadly agree with your two points but have a couple of observations.

Firstly I think the website is a basic one off build. I'd be surprised, looking at it, if the guy has any access to the CMS to be able to easily post messages and updates. I agree that some idea of normal shipping times would be useful.

Secondly, as I understand it he manufactures the product himself in house and then ships it himself. Using an order fulfillment warehouse would certainly avoid shipping delays like this but would also add another level of complication and more importantly cost to what I think is an out and out one man band operation. We don't know whether he's trading at a level that would make this viable or not.
We used to use Romancart as the shopping cart for our business.
They also offered a drop shipping service
You could easily add their 'buy now' buttons to your website and it took care of stock and payments in the background, with automated email updates etc

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Holland? Fiberglass Dam protectors or plastic fingers:rolleyes:
For the record I too find businesses with no land lands strange, and often will find alternatives to trade with

Don't move here then .:LOL: Trying to get a land line if you aren't in a town is nigh on impossible.

As it stands though I've got no patience with people who spit their dummies when they don't get their delivery 10 minutes after placing the order. That's not the kind of business I want. Those people should stick to Amazon.
10 minutes!!:) I like mine delivered before I order it . That's why I don't usually by online prefering to use a shop as long as I've ensured that A) they have reserved one for me & B) I can park outside .(y)

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
Slightly off ish topic. Is this the same Mirror Guard geezer that does the Peggy Pegs as well?

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
Nice guy. Really helpful - When at shows at least.;) Gave lots of good advice and Peggy Pegs are great. Used them loads (y) and functionally tested the Mirror Guards as well.:rolleyes:

May 5, 2015
Sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2010
Nobody ever has all the business they need. If I thought it wouldn't end up being more trouble than it was worth I could easily set up something for Funsters, special prices or something like that. I doubt it would ever be loads of business but there would probably be enough.

You mean you don't do drone deliveries, pah, don't want your stuff anyway then! ;)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Oh dear - itching for a fight? - my initial post was to tell others that I had parted with money and received no communication or product, intended to stop others potentially losing money as well. If you wish to be pedantic about what order and when I said things fine, but I have no more time to waste on replying to you.
pjs ... I don't know you and you certainly don't know me so don't assume you do - if I was itching for a fight I'd find someone to have it with who'd enjoy it as much as me and be able to keep up!:D

I think the one who was being pedantic is looking at you in the mirror ... bye. :)

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
I see op only joined on 21st July, and this seems to be their only post. :-(

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I see op only joined on 21st July, and this seems to be their only post. :-(
He started threads on 22 July and has posted in other threads too so this isn't the first.

Last edited:

Gorse Hill

Free Member
Feb 2, 2013
Stretford
Funster No
MH
Burnster Ixeo IT 734
Exp
That's why you never answered my post about what line of business your in, here's me thinking it was because you thought I was a tosser (y)

Jan 24, 2010
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Since 2007
He gave us one of those to raffle for charity, it was well made. I forget who won it, but they reported back that they use it all the time (y)
twas me :)

very usefull bit of kit, only mod I had to do was put some rubber around the edges to stop it the rattling!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back