Unable to contact Mirror Guard (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Strange! Rather thats the practice of most every 1 man company I've ever known.
I can name any number of single trader companies who run their business differently, with a registered address and also a landline rather than a single mobile number, including most who are local to where I live.

I still think that it is unusual but you will of course disagree

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
If a company is going on holiday, they should have an automated system to tell customers.

Anything less is just bloody plain rude. And they deserve shaming.

It always amazes me how quickly people would trash a product and reputation, they could well be on the way from a show and sorting them selves out, so much hard work goes into building a small company a small lapse, a few posts on a forum and that work can go down the pan. Hopefully it will be sorted out satisfactorily .

Derbyshire wanderer

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 30, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
15 years
If a company is going on holiday, they should have an automated system to tell customers.

Anything less is just bloody plain rude. And they deserve shaming.

Shaming for poor communication or service yes.
Unfortunately the OP has said that he has been scammed which is unproven and therefore should not be posting such claims

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Agreed Carol, the OP hasn't said anything about when he ordered the mirror guards so we're all a bit in the dark as to the timescale that is being considered as 'unacceptable' by him.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Ive emailed Paul pointing him to this thread. And, worryingly rang the mobile and the answer machine doesn't mention a holiday and is full and not taking any further messages!!! Seems like something might be wrong after all.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Shaming for poor communication or service yes.
Unfortunately the OP has said that he has been scammed which is unproven and therefore should not be posting such claims
Have to agree, there is no evidence whatsoever that anything untoward is going on and to start a post 'warning' that this is what has happened is not on IMV. We all have issues with companies from time to time (eg the one I started on about Halfords) but posting something as 'fact' without any proof is wrong.

Enword

Free Member
May 20, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Race van conversion for years
I close down for 2 weeks when we go to Assen, only my most trusted customers have my mobile, workshop has landline (people will ring any time of day or night) I tell no one I'm away workshop full of kit & you publicize the fact your away for 2 week's dont think so.

Last edited:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I can name any number of single trader companies who run their business differently, with a registered address and also a landline rather than a single mobile number, including most who are local to where I live.

I still think that it is unusual but you will of course disagree

I don't have a landline, not had one for years. And I work from home. My offices are bigger than your average house but its still working from home. I don't think I'm strange or unusual, so I will disagree.

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Tag Axle
Exp
since 2013
Yes but these people are away a lot at shows and exhibitions relating to Motorhomes etc so a mobile phone is best. It sounds as if its just a mail order or exhibition/show business with no retail shop at their premises. Sounds like they need an upgrade to the answering system but if you say you are away you are opening your premises up to potential theft or you lose a sale because you say you are away and cannot supply instantly. Growing pains - can't justify to have someone just answering the phone when the customer probably wants a technical answer.

Sometimes things go wrong - remember Eddie last year and his holiday shutdown so no support for customers - he's changed his mind and doing it differently this year.

I'm glad I'm retired and don't have some of you as customers is all I can say! Perhaps they are ill, had an accident, who knows but they deserve the benefit of the doubt - innocent until proved guilty etc!

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
I don't have a landline, not had one for years. And I work from home. My offices are bigger than your average house but its still home. I don't think I'm strange or unusual, so I will disagree.

As I predicted.......

You run an Internet business unless I am very mistaken Not a physical supply business with (as you said) a professional production unit manufacturing a physical product (don't they have a phone there?). There is a big difference between the two and you cannot selectively compare apples with oranges.

Surely when away at a show or whatever some contingency would be put in place for "out of office" - I know I had to do so or there would be very angry clients chasing. Each has their own way of running a business, I suppose.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
As I predicted.......

You run an Internet business unless I am very mistaken Not a physical supply business with (as you said) a professional production unit manufacturing a physical product (don't they have a phone there?). There is a big difference between the two and you cannot selectively compare apples with oranges.

The guy has designed the Mirrorguard, pioneered it. He's spent tens of thousands on moulds, he hand builds each one in his own workshop, he's taken them to every show I've ever been to, sells each one personally, has thousands of repeat customers. But because he chooses not to have two telephone numbers you say it's strange to say the least. :doh:

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Its strange he's not answering it, thats all.
Glad I never ran a business like that. Would be down the tubes in no time

Edit - perhaps my business had more global competition that kept me on my toes to protect seven figure investments of someone else's money

Reactions: Jim

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Its strange he's not answering it, thats all.
Perhaps he's lost his phone, or access code for the answer phone, or been hacked, lots of possibilities ... or perhaps he's down the pub like EddieBuzzLightyearVanBitz :LOL:

Reactions: Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Perhaps he's lost his phone, or access code for the answer phone, or been hacked, lots of possibilities ... or perhaps he's down the pub like EddieBuzzLightyearVanBitz :LOL:

If he handles all his mail on his phone then that could be the reason, but if that were the case, with so many ways of communicating these days you think he'd put something on the website/facebook/twitter. Who knows...I'm sure we'll find out soon enough. :)

Spud

Free Member
Jan 18, 2015
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Shank's Pony
Exp
Bad
Good product, I picked mine up from his house.
You have his address, write him a letter.
Let's hope it's nothing more serious than a misplaced order, a lost phone, email glitch or the couriers/post office buggering up.
I mean how much of a Babboons arse would you be left looking if the chap had a personal issue of some description.
Spud

rich g

Free Member
May 29, 2014
Worcester
Funster No
MH
A/S Warwick
Exp
since 2013
I spoke to Mirror Guard on the phone last week,(to place an order)he said he was at the Norfolk show and then going to Holland,so I'm sure you will get your order.

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Holland? Fiberglass Dam protectors or plastic fingers:rolleyes:
For the record I too find businesses with no land lands strange, and often will find alternatives to trade with

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
To be honest could never understand the point in buying them.
If the mirror gets whacked, it is GONE.
Might save scratches etc to original, but the guard gets scratched!
Not the case with most impacts the vast majority of which are glancing blows that simply fold the mirror back or pop the glass out. These same blows without the guards do smash the outer casing.
As for scratches? these genuine covers are extremely tough and any marks usually polish off with a bit of autoglym.

Hellski

Free Member
Mar 28, 2016
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto 76 LE
Exp
@Jim could you please advise if you've had a response to your email?

Companies house website has the company still active, with the latest confirmation statement being issued just today.

Would be good to here from the op as to when they placed their order?

I personally placed my order last Wednesday, immediately received an automated order confirmation via email. On reading the op's post I emailed the 'contact us' email address last night, I'm still awaiting a response. However, I will be giving them the benefit of the doubt until next Wednesday and will of course update others if a response or goods are received in the meantime.

Fingers crossed, this is nothing more than the hard working couple taking a well earned break before hitting the show scene once again next week at Malvern:)

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
EE are having problems with roaming data, sms and voice. So if he is in holland he may not be able to check messages/email etc... It has been iffy for some people for a week and totally down for 4 days for others.

Feb 15, 2016
Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since April 2016
I got mine about 2 months ago, 1 confirmation email the next day and received them about a week later. I did speak to him on the phone before ordering on the website and I certainly wouldn't think that he would risk the reputation he has built up deliberately.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Glad I never ran a business like that. Would be down the tubes in no time

I never answer my business phone number. A very few customers who I know personally have my mobile but not many. For everyone else if they want me their option is to email. We've been away for nearly 3 weeks now and I haven't checked work email once.

Like several other people have posted I'm bloody glad some of the people on here aren't customers of mine.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
I never answer my business phone number. A very few customers who I know personally have my mobile but not many. For everyone else if they want me their option is to email. We've been away for nearly 3 weeks now and I haven't checked work email once.

Like several other people have posted I'm bloody glad some of the people on here aren't customers of mine.
Depends what sort of business you run. Mine was a global fuel supply and testing business and was operational 24/7 so phone contact and requests were essential as well as messenger and mail. Global coverage was managed across the time zones but any issues requiring major action or decision were escalated to me either by a regional coordinator in Singapore/London/Houston or by the customer themselves. If the customer called direct, it was always very serious and needed immediate action as usually very many thousands of dollars were at stake both in terms of fuel cost and lost charter fees. Ultimately the constant stress burnt me out and I quit, leaving someone else to deal with the issues.

Oct 8, 2009
Kent
Funster No
MH
Sunlight
Exp
32 years
I spoke to Mirror Guard on the phone last week,(to place an order)he said he was at the Norfolk show and then going to Holland,so I'm sure you will get your order.

Mirrorguard are on the list of exhibitors for the Malvern show so maybe he is just taking a break between the two shows. We will know for certain if the company is still trading when the show opens.

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
How very dare he take a break, he's as bad as the Eddie van bloke

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Mirrorguard are on the list of exhibitors for the Malvern show so maybe he is just taking a break between the two shows. We will know for certain if the company is still trading when the show opens.

If this is just a holiday, then it's reckless complacency to keep customers wondering whether you are trading or not, especially when so many competitors are selling a similar mirror protection product.

Phillybarbour

Free Member
Feb 2, 2013
West Lancs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout Revo.
Exp
Since 2010
It takes no more than 2 minutes to set up up auto email response advising customers you 'Out of the Office' until whenever.

Something's wrong or its poor service.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Depends what sort of business you run. Mine was a global fuel supply and testing business and was operational 24/7 so phone contact and requests were essential as well as messenger and mail. Global coverage was managed across the time zones but any issues requiring major action or decision were escalated to me either by a regional coordinator in Singapore/London/Houston or by the customer themselves. If the customer called direct, it was always very serious and needed immediate action as usually very many thousands of dollars were at stake both in terms of fuel cost and lost charter fees. Ultimately the constant stress burnt me out and I quit, leaving someone else to deal with the issues.

A business like that is obviously a very different situation from one like Mirrorguard or one like mine, with a very different customer base and very different requirements.

I've also worked as part of a business offering 24/7 phone support and getting out of it was one of the best things I've ever done. Now I offer no phone service at all and 5 working day response to emails. Anyone who doesn't like it is more than welcome to go elsewhere.

My point really was about the attitude of some of the people on here towards small businesses.

Those people need to get a grip and realise that not everyone they deal with has the back room set up of Amazon.

I don't even try any more, if I ever get a customer I even get the slightest hint from that they might be like the OP I just refuse their business.

As for mentioning Trading Standards, that's pathetic. Even if they were prepared to get involved they are toothless. Years ago in another business someone tried to report us for something equally trivial. We had a nice chat with the guy, came to an agreement with him that the customer was an arsehole and that was the end of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back