Ultimate Newbie! Just bought a MH with no manuals (1 Viewer)

gazpacho

Free Member
Apr 8, 2014
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Coachbuild
Exp
4 days
Hi

I've just bought a converted Renault Trafic; its a 1989 leisuredrive Freespirit conversion but I've got no manuals and had no chance to get shown how it all hangs together.

She (maybe a he, I haven't checked yet) looks great and drives great.

Basically, I have no idea how the electrics, gas nor toilet work and am a bit overwhelmed by the switches, nobs and buttons. Is there anyone with a similar model who could help with some hints and tips - or even better, anyone in or near Bristol who could take a look and point me in the right direction.

Big thanks
Gary

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
hi welcome, A great way to become familiar with your new toy... :Eeek:

most things will be generic to other motorhomes ( in principal ! that is )

good luck :thumb:

Upvote 0
Jul 23, 2013
Scotland
Funster No
MH
knaus van ti 600mg
Exp
Getting There since 2013
Hello and Welcome :Smile:

I would start with notepad & pen, take a close look round your motorhome looking for names on things you have even down to what make/size of leisure batteries you have this will help you build up a mental picture of how everything's put together any thing your not sure of take a picture post it here and everyone will join in with the pup quiz questions :winky:

Edit: somewhere above in there should have been "once you know the names of items you have it will be easier to find online manuals"

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi Gary,

You'll get the best results if you ask one question per post, starting a new thread for each. So ask away, where do you want to start? Oh and welcome to the fun:thumb:

Upvote 0

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Try just Googling the model number/name of each item followed by "user manual" or "download" and you may well find you can download the instructions as PDFs for many of them. Alternatively, find the website of the manufacturer and look for "Support" or "Downloads" etc.

This won't help for the conversion specifics such as the lighting but it will for the "white goods".

Last edited:
Upvote 0

cmcardle75

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 8, 2012
Reading
Funster No
MH
Riot Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Hi

I've just bought a converted Renault Trafic; its a 1989 leisuredrive Freespirit conversion but I've got no manuals and had no chance to get shown how it all hangs together.

She (maybe a he, I haven't checked yet) looks great and drives great.

Basically, I have no idea how the electrics, gas nor toilet work and am a bit overwhelmed by the switches, nobs and buttons. Is there anyone with a similar model who could help with some hints and tips - or even better, anyone in or near Bristol who could take a look and point me in the right direction.

Big thanks
Gary

A bit far, perhaps, but if you happen to be driving along the M4 past Reading, I'd be more than happy to take a look and work out how everything works.

Upvote 0

geo glasgow

Free Member
Feb 2, 2014
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail cheyenne
Exp
try it overnight in your drive

thats the fun part , sure beats running out of battery power in the middle of nowhere:winky: most important is understand the water and gas system.
anything else is try and error,, .
ggod luck and welcom to the forum,,,:flyingwelcome::flyingwelcome::flyingwelcome:

Upvote 0

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Hello and welcome.

Best thing to do is pay your tenner subs on here then you can ask as many questions as you like. Otherwise you only get 5 posts. It will be the best tenner you spend on your motorhome ever! :thumb:

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back