Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
IAN81
Well I have been and done it gone back today to Arras to change our UK licences into French ones
we have filled the form and handed all the copies required and two photos for each licence, and been assured all my groups are transferable!!?? that is if the lady understood me and what I was asking,....because she did looked a bit puzzled
We have to go back in a month once we receive a letter ?????? fingers crossedXXXXXX
but as i still have my licence, and I will not let go if all groups are not there

Mel

Last edited:

lebesset

Free Member
May 31, 2009
Funster No
wonder why you did that ? I can only see one advantage which isn't going to last , french licence doesn't stop at 70 ...for the moment , am told then will fall in line

and be careful ...one of my friends changed his , only problem is it states that it is not valid in the uk after the age of 70 , which he has now arrived at ; it is also limited to 3,500Kg

OP
OP
Heyupluv

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
wonder why you did that ? I can only see one advantage which isn't going to last , french licence doesn't stop at 70 ...for the moment , am told then will fall in line

and be careful ...one of my friends changed his , only problem is it states that it is not valid in the uk after the age of 70 , which he has now arrived at ; it is also limited to 3,500Kg

!!!!!!!!! are you sure about it not being valid in england after 70.....so what did your friend do????...................the 3500kg + up to 7500kg is the one I am worrying about as the motorhome is over 3500kg...and my motorcycle of coarse.......but a normal licence ends at 70 and you have to re-apply with a doctors certificate or am I wrong....meaning all uk end at 70
Mel

do you know what is going to happen!!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
interestingly does it stop at 3,500kg and allow any weight trailers ?
does it still equal b+e in uk.
there are los of reasons for changing your licence your address is one.
i do know of other reasons but they could be not correct .

OP
OP
Heyupluv

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
interestingly does it stop at 3,500kg and allow any weight trailers ?
does it still equal b+e in uk.
there are los of reasons for changing your licence your address is one.
i do know of other reasons but they could be not correct .

Alan....what worries is on my licence it says groups A, D, E,

When I contacted the DVLA gov.uk and I said a lot of groups have been missed off (still having my old little red licence dating back to 1973 having passed my test 1968 for the car and 1965 for the motorcycle, the original they kept when they issued the red book type) they said group A consists of
Group A (category B1, B, BE, C1, C1E ,D1 ,D1E, F, K, L, N, P,)
GROUP D,
Group E,
what will the French put on the new licence!!!!!..????
Mel

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
When you hit 70 all you get automatically is B and BE, you have to reapply with a medical for C1 etc (over 3500kg)

Peter

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
cant answer what the french will give you ,but the info from dvla is correct.
i still think you need to get a new uk licence as you are working on the old system.
you should be able to get the new system on a dept for transport web site .wish i could use this computer better sorry.
if you had a new one it would be easier to point out any changes.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
hi peter ,i have a few years to go but at 70 i would like to keep with a fiver tow unit under 3.500kg then tow abig 5er thats how i learnt about the iveco and its 8.7ton train that b+e allows you to drive. if i down plated my mitsubishi it could keep the train of 9.800kg. couldnt pull my trailer as it puts 2.600kg on the pin.at full wt. be hard to get a unit of 900kg and a big train. ha ha.

Aug 23, 2009
Burnham on Sea-late of Mortagne sur Gironde
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Stargazer
Exp
Since 1995
As a French licence holder now resident in UK I can assure you that it does not expire at age 70 if you remain resident in France. Against various classes it shows GB 70 which is simply the code indicating it was transferred from the UK. On returning to the Uk the French licence must be exchanged for a UK licence at age 70 or after three years residence whichever is the later. One reason for changing your UK licence for a French one is that, as a French resident, it is the only way to legally obtain a licence when you reach 70

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back