Uber motorhomes

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by gazzeroo, Sep 22, 2016.

1. gazzeroo

gazzeroo Funster

Hi has anyone had any dealings with Uber Leisure Motorhomes, Epping, went to look at a van today and decided to sleep on a decision, but I can,t find any customer reviews about the company. Their website reads good, but so would mine if I wrote a website. I saw a van that seems reasonably priced, they will mot it, give it a habitation certificate and 3 months general warranty, although the man was a bit vague on what was covered. If anyone has bought from this company I would love to know how they got on cos there is a distinct lack of customer feedback

2. DuxDeluxe

DuxDeluxe Funster Life Member

Most of their "stock" appears to be sold which gives a slightly false impression. It is a buyers market; plenty of other dealers out there; if they had real stock the website would look a lot different.....

3. NickNic

NickNic Funster Life Member

You'd be amazed how many people don't understand that bit.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. pyro

pyro Funster

I have recently assisted a member here who had enormous problems with a used motorhome they purchased from Uber, which included promises of habitation damp checks and required a major rebuild because of extreme damp penetration. In this instance they were neither helpful nor cooperative, indeed they were downright obstructive IMO, and on that basis I would never consider dealing with them personally.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  5. gazzeroo

gazzeroo Funster

Thanks for the comments, I had sort of made my mind up not to buy and your comments have confirmed my suspicions. I just didn't want to pass up what might have been a decent motorhome from what appeared to be a scruffy company. While searching for replacement motorhome I am amazed at how many people don't bother to prepare their van for sale, cleaning, tidying it up, even leaving all their gear in the cupboards. when checking doors etcetera you do not want to come face to face with someone's old pants! These are obviously the ones to pass on
    cheers
    Gazzeroo

6. Concord Pilot

Concord Pilot Funster

Or they are the bargains because everyone else passed !!

7. gazzeroo

gazzeroo Funster

I agree CP but my fear is that if they can't be arsed to prepare their van for sale, they probably haven't looked after it while they've owned it. Plus the ones I've looked at want top dollar

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. JockandRita

JockandRita Funster Life Member

I'd have to go along with that line of thinking too.

On a slightly different slant, we once went to look at a private sale many years ago. It was their pride and joy. The MH was lovely (initial impressions) as was their house. he was so keen to show me all the little mods he had carried out to his pride and joy, and he had just paid Broonfools at Newark yet again, to carry out a habitation and damp check, with receipts to show.

I don't know what damp meter they had used (if one at all), but it certainly wasn't giving "off the scale" readings that our damp meter was giving out............and the finger test confirmed the findings, ie, sodden through in the area tested. I felt so sorry for the couple, as they had really looked after their MH over the years of ownership, but were severely let down by Broonfools. :(

Without a bit of knowledge of what to look out for, one can so easily be taken in, costing them £0000s. :(

@gazzeroo. Good luck with the search for a "good un". (y)

Cheers,

Jock. :)

• Like Like x 1
  9. gazzeroo

gazzeroo Funster

thanks Jock, it's certainly a minefield, but I will do me best