Tyron Bands for car trailer (1 Viewer)

TonyIsh UK

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Funster No
I am thinking of towing a trailer with a small car (IQ3) and whilst prefering a twin axle trailer, I think it would be impractical to move around on a camp site by hand and push.

So I am thinking of getting a B James single axle trailer, and "belts and braces" with Tyron bands. Recommended by caravanners, but I have not seen any comment as regard trailers.

Any thoughts ?

Rgds

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
yuo manouver a twin axle trailer by using the jockey wheel to jack the front axle off the ground making it a single axle, simple really.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
as i'm sure you're aware, Tyrons are not the be all and end all

if you get a punture in a light trailer tyre towed behind a heavy motorhome you probaly wont notice it and could drive for miles....the tyre will be destroyed anyway.

the tyron will keep the tyre on the rim, as its designed to do, but wont prevent damage.

plus not all garages have the clamps needed to remove the tyrons to change/repair the tyre so it may mean carrying the special clamps with you.
i also think the rubber 'buffers' need replacing if yoiu've run flat.
more expense.

much better to use a good quality tyre sealer/punture preventative fluid.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I'd go with twin wheels, get a big jockey wheel to take one set of wheels off and if your really flush, spend a grand on one of those remote control movers.

If you are set on a single, tyrons are a good idea, Ultra seal as well, make sure you have two spares as most places wont be able to remove the tyres.

Olley might come along and show you what can happen to a trailer wheel that gets a flat and goes unnoticed. Its worth a look::bigsmile:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005

Olley might come along and show you what can happen to a trailer wheel that gets a flat and goes unnoticed

and a real eye opener...:thumb:

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
My pleasure:

this was all that was left after I stopped:

DSCN5675-1.jpg

This was the second time it happened, the other side this time, never did find the mudguard.
DSCN7360-1.jpg

I only became aware the first time because of the sparks in my mirrors, they where from the spare :Doh: which was mounted on the side of the trailer, the trailer was now so low to the road on that side, that the spare was rubbing along the road, and the sparks where from the spare tyres steel brade.:cry:

The second time it was the French police who pulled me up because of it.

Olley

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back