Free Member
Jul 17, 2012
Eastbourne
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2005
We finally changed all four tyres on our James Cook Sprinter after 12 years and 95k because they were close to their legal tread limit. Other than that, they looked to be in great condition , no sign at all of degradation - Vancos.
I keep a tyre inflater in the van and always check pressures before going on a trip!

Dec 27, 2014
Funster No
4 new pirellis came in today for ours.
6 year old tyres fitted with still good thread but tiny cracks on sidewalls tells me time to change.
Don't want blowouts and it's better safe than sorry.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
I spent £39 incl VAT and Delivery ,on Ebay and bought a tyre changing post, it was cheaper than the materials to make one. This has a bead breaker as well and allows me to change my Quad tyres now, which the local tyre company refuse as they are too hard to break the bead with a commercial unit. I can change my own van tyres too and the only thing is cannot do is balance them but the weight of these tyres is not worth the bother anyway. All the trouble I have on the road is tyre related and usually the valves letting go allowing the twins rear tyre to deflate and put the weight on to its paired wheel. Metal valves will not fit the wheelrim section on my Van, or I would have them on as well.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back