tyres (1 Viewer)

L

liverpool

Deleted User
we went to look at 2 motorhomes one on a 56 plate and one an 07 same van same mileage 8000 however the tyres on the 07 had very little tread left on them . the dealer said it just looked like that because they were dirty but i measured with a key and they had very little tread compared to the 56 plate . any explanations ?

Fatalhud

Free Member
Nov 26, 2009
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
19 Years on and off
Don't trust the dealer if that was his half arse excuse
It could have been clocked, or the owner liked to wheel spin everywhere:winky:

Alan H

OP
OP
L

liverpool

Deleted User
thats what we thought :Smile: back to the drawing board :Sad:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Hi and welcome,,

I have replied to your PM..

Regarding the tyre situation, A few maybe`s,,, perhaps the one with more tread has had replacement tyres fitted,, perhaps the previous owner ran at the wrong preasures,, perhaps the tyres were run at the wrong preasure,, different tyre makes.

Cannot think of any thing else,, except is it a reputable dealer..

Years ago I bought a car,, but prior to taking the car I said the tyre`s were a bit low on tread,, the guy said no problem I will swop the wheels with that one over there, pointing to another Ford of the same make and size wheels,, and that is what he did. :Doh:

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
its quite common for the motor trade to swap wheels and tyres amongst their stock. ask them to put some new ones on .i bet they come up with some good secondhand ones . its all a game .draining fuel ,then offering to sell with full tank etc. if you arent happy dont buy. nobody makes customers buy. when i had my garage i would say bring who you like to look at it. if it should require anything can we come to an agreement ,if not dont buy .i still think waving a wad of notes nearly always gets you what you want .try it. cheers alan

OP
OP
L

liverpool

Deleted User
we asked the dealer would he change the tyres he said no ! nor would he replace the damaged table . we have never dealt with him before so we have decided to stick with marquis who we bought our last 2 vans off and have never had any problems.

imprint

Free Member
Jul 14, 2009
Funster No
Thanks, mo old thing, for a useful point that I'd never thought of when buying any vehicle. Check the tyres on the car when you get it are the same as the ones on it when you agreed to buy!!

geoff1947

Free Member
May 20, 2008
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
10 yrs
swop shop

years ago whilst serving in Germany, I sold a Vauxhall to a dealer. My neighbour had the same car but my tyres were in better nick than his. So we swopped them before I took it for the valuation etc, Nothing wrong in that and that's whats probably happened here A swop somewhere along the line I
I agree stick with Marquis>>

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
could even have been the previous owner pulling a fast one for the trade-in.

could have swapped the good tyres and wheels with a 'motorhoming mate' for a small fee.

ya just never know !!!!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back