Tyres - compatibility (1 Viewer)

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
We currently have Michelin 225/75R 16CP tyres on our van which is front wheel drive and rated at 4.5 tonnes. We need to change the front 2 tyres and, having read the advice on here, we intend to put the new tyres on the rear and change the rear tyres to the front. Also following advice here we are looking at Hankook tyres. Our current tyres are not all weather (i.e. they don't have the snowflake symbol). We can't change all 4 tyres but could we mix all weather tyres with non all weather tyres, and if so which tyres should be go for? And where is the best place to get them fitted (we live in Uttoxeter, Staffs) Thanks in advance O Knowledgeable Ones.

Derbyshire wanderer

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 30, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
15 years
I don't think the different types will be a problem but would always personally want to have matched tyres on the same axle.
Also personally I would stick with the Mitchelins as I think the ride and wear are much better than anything else.
Costco are usually good for the Michelin pricing

Jul 18, 2009
Manchester UK + Javea/Xabia Costa Blanca Spain
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
Hi,

How old are your tyres?

I would be looking to find some bargain good tyres. I am a fan of Michelin Alpin Winter. I recently purchased 5 Brand new 2016 tyres 205/75/16 for £190 delivered. They are currently around £110 each.

If budget is a problem or you are reluctant to spend much. I would look to put the new tyres on the front as these are the tyres you need for both traction and steering.

TM

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 12, 2016
Chesterfield England Tellus 3
Funster No
MH
Lunar Roadstar 800
Exp
6 years
My outlook on this is as long as the tyres on the SAME axle are the same that's good
As long as the tyres are rated to the axle load that's good
Make or Badge is irrelevant as long as they don't come of the back of a lorry

Best tyres I had we some beautiful 60/40 off road on my Frontera never heard of the brand before or since (they were American) but I do know one thing if they have a well known name they cost more but do the same

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back