LIFE MEMBER
Nov 29, 2013
Essex
Funster No
MH
Classic Hymer B564
Exp
Since 1981
I seem to remember a programme, possibly top gear, about a year or so ago where they stated that BMW, Mercedes or someone lost a copyright case in the Chinese courts against a major Chinese engineering firm even though it was a blatant rip-off of their car and decided to cut their losses and entered a joint manufacturing agreement?

I may be wrong, senility IS knocking on my door, or so the wife tells me.

Hymie

OP
OP
Flyingscotsman2
Jan 22, 2014
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
I seem to remember a programme, possibly top gear, about a year or so ago where they stated that BMW, Mercedes or someone lost a copyright case in the Chinese courts against a major Chinese engineering firm even though it was a blatant rip-off of their car and decided to cut their losses and entered a joint manufacturing agreement?

I may be wrong, senility IS knocking on my door, or so the wife tells me.

Hymie
Wats that got to do with price of tyres....

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Chinese copies of the real thing, including tyres (dragging it kicking and screaming back to the original topic) are just that. Copies. Some of them are really inferior.

A Chinese court will always find in favour of China - about as predictable as an American court really.

Still, back to the price of tyres for Motorhomes rather than Chinese shod motorcycles, has anyone found a better deal? Let's stick to CP rated tyres as well, which sort of narrows the choice a bit...........

Edit - just seen Hugh's post. The above may help to answer that. Looks like some good deals for CP rated tyres

Hymie

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 29, 2013
Essex
Funster No
MH
Classic Hymer B564
Exp
Since 1981
What does the CP rating mean?

Hymie.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
What does the CP rating mean?

Hymie.
Camping Pneu - French for camping tyre, which have reinforced sidewalls to allows for the fact that the vehicle is running nearly all the time at the max weight. Extra money but a worthwhile safety feature in many experts opinions and usually fitted as original equipment on many vans.

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
how about £310 for 4 already on brand new ducato rims?
autotrail take them off to fit alloys and sell the steel rims and tyres on ebay
Broken Link Removed

Good link and thanks!(y)

gibbon

Free Member
Feb 25, 2013
Shatterford
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2005
I wish I'd spotted that eBay link earlier. Those Bridgestone duravis are a good commercial tyre. Not camping specific I appreciate, but the fact they're already fitted to ducato wheels means a bargain for someone with a lighter van.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Shame they are always 215/70's - I need a spare 225/70. Only got the stupid rumpy pumpy kit at the moment and drape adding a puncture.

Will keep looking - there is a place opinion Poole that sometimes has them. Then need to pick Techno 100's brain on fitting a suitable carrier, now we have been across the weighbridge again and happy with rear axle loading

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back