LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
I've heard them mentioned on Fun in the past but how does this work if you buy them mail order including fully fitted at a local tyre centre. Comparing the mail order only and the fully fitted price it appears the fitter gets around £15 per tyre, is this enough to compensate for the lack of profit on a direct sale? I feel a bit uncomfy but should I?

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
I have bought tyres mail order for the van before. My local ATS has no problem fitting them for me, £12.00 + v.a.t.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 18, 2009
Englishman in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584, A Class
Exp
Not long enough!
Funnily enough I had a dressing down from my local Tyre man today cos of that very fact, I usually buy my tyres online nowadays cos I can get what I want at a reasonable price, he then fits them for me for £15. My problem is that he never has the tyres I want, although he did say he could order them in:confused:

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
We've used Black Circles for our last MH tyres and car tyres. We chose the fitted price deal on both occasions.
It's less hassle and you get more choice, which is useful when you are after something niche like all season tyres.
The fitting centres offer their services to Black Circles so have no cause to grumble.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Black circles are good. Have also used Etyres but they are a mobile franchise so you don't know how good the fitter is.

Sep 11, 2012
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Just bought a couple of continental camper 225/75/16 ordered from black circle fitted at formula one in the price with in 2days £268.00 good service done in 20 mins,can't asked more

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
I get the tyres and fit them myself using a tyre machine. new, off Ebay for £35. It just takes a bit of puffing and blowing on my part to fit them. I got it for quad tryes as the local tyre companies refuses to touch them as they are hard to bead break with the garage machines so they do not want to know Car tyre were always fitted that way up until a few years ago.

Aug 10, 2012
cambridge
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
since2001
I get the tyres and fit them myself using a tyre machine. new, off Ebay for £35. It just takes a bit of puffing and blowing on my part to fit them. I got it for quad tryes as the local tyre companies refuses to touch them as they are hard to bead break with the garage machines so they do not want to know Car tyre were always fitted that way up until a few years ago.
Excellent advice
How do you balance them?

Apr 10, 2010
Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since Sept 2003
I've used Blackcircles quotes to negotiate with local fitters, especially where the fitter in question is a Blackcircles agent and might be fitting the tyres anyway if I'd bought them from Blackcircles.

Dognewf

Free Member
Nov 4, 2015
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
lunar newstar
Exp
1 whole year now
haven't tried with the van yet but my local Hi Q depot will match Blackcircles' prices for car tyres.

Apr 12, 2013
Shrewsbury
Funster No
MH
Carthago 144
Exp
just checked on formula one site Continental Vanco camper tyres 215/70 r15c £89.94 fitted.
looked at internet but couldn't beat there price.

OP
OP
Bailey58

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
These are on the car, Formula 1 online were cheaper than anyone else including my local Merc showroom who I did call to offer them a chance, they were £80 per tyre more expensive. :eek:. I've gone direct to my local F1 who matched the online price, makes me feel better although as others have said they get the work anyway.

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
Just a heads up when using mail order tyre suppliers:eek:

I used an online tyre supplier once. When I went to the fitting depot they noticed I had 'Tyron bands' fitted and refused to change the tyres unless I paid them extra per wheel. I agreed, but had to wait for an hour for the fitters to work out how to take the bands out of the first tyre (they'd never seen them before). The second tyre took 1/2 hour and the third and fourth 20 minutes extra each. After that episode I now prefer to go to my local supplier who knows the score regarding my vehicle's tyres/wheels.

PJGWiltshire

Free Member
Mar 11, 2013
Arundel
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2009
Having just bought a full set of six, was looking to use Blackcircles. Stopped at the local Kwik Fit after the initial quote(Nearly double the price) I showed the on line quote and the manager there and then matched price. He then booked me in when it was convenient for me and carried out a full break and battery test. So they all want our business. So shop and challenge

May 6, 2010
Doncaster
Funster No
MH
Exp
April 2010
I used BlackCircles for a set of 4 Michelin CrossClimates on my company van at the beginning of the year, fully fitted price was £30 cheaper fitted at a local friends garage than the best price he could do himself, he still got paid from BlackCircles and I got the lowest price I could find anywhere fully fitted just around the corner, the only slight hiccup I had was I had to ring them for a vat receipt which they said I should have been emailed and which I later found it in my junk folder.

maxi77

Free Member
Mar 20, 2013
Kingdom of Fife
Funster No
MH
coacbuilt
Exp
My nearest tyre fitter is a Black Circles fitter and actively advertises the service so I suspect they get well treated and good business. I did in desperation use Kwik Spit a few years ago, they were the only people who had the tyre I needed that day. Most of the time I use Farmers a relatively new franchise operation run by Tom Farmer and they really do customer service and do not treat customers as cash cows.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back