Tyrepal solar instalation help

Discussion in 'Tech/Mech General' started by FJmike, Apr 16, 2016.

1. FJmike

FJmike Funster

Just got round to having a look at fitting Tyrepal solar and the instructions mention putting on a dustcover first, the thing is there doesn't appear to be any dust covers or space for them in the packaging. So is it OK to fit without said covers?

2. Wombles

Wombles Funster

All we know is that the sensors are the same as on the TB99 that we have except that the locking grub screw has been replaced by a locknut so perhaps it's just bad instructions? Instructions for TB99 say "Remove the tyre valve dust cap and screw on the appropriate sensor in its place, but do not over-tighten. The monitor displays the pressure of the tyre as each sensor is installed." We called their technical guy when we were trying to work out what the difference was between the old & new models (other than being solar!) to see if any other improvements that would make it worth changing. Might be worth checking with TyrePal technical dept. on Monday.

3. Techno

Techno Funster Life Member

Looks like it display pressure and temperature all at once

4. Wombles

Wombles Funster

Good point - didn't spot that & obvious now looking at the photos :doh: Will point that out to Mr Wombles & see if he wants to spend some more money - I've been going a bit Baavet crazy & blown this months budget already:eek: but they were bargains :)
    Has anyone changed from the standard to solar versions & do they think it's worth it please?

5. Polar bear

Polar bear Funster

I bought the solar version at nec show it has a solar charging panel on top but also comes with a charger if needed. Fitted it and had it running in 10 min worked perfect straight out of box, cannot fault it.

6. Hettie's Crew

Hettie's Crew Funster

Thanks to Wombles I bought a Solar Tyre pal and it does display both pressure and temp together.Temp display is bit small but fine.
    It's one of the best things I bought for a Motorhome. The peace of mind it gives me is tremendous. To'know' what your pressure is just by glancing at the display removes any concern that you may have problem.
    Both motorhomes I've had wobble and weave a bit on varying road surfaces and this tells me it's not a flat tyre. Very reassuring, and wouldn't be without it now.Mine came with rubber covers that went on first.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
  7. pandj

pandj Funster Life Member

Does each sensor have it's own solar panel or does one feed them all?
    Don't the wires from the panel to the wheels get twisted up as you drive along? :D

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. Peter A Forbes

Peter A Forbes Funster

As each sensor has a battery, there are no wires :) It's the monitor that has the solar panel, but you knoew that anyway.

I looked at the 6-wheel version, but a lot more expensive than four wheels. Still a good device though.

With two spare wheels it starts to add up.

Peter

• Like Like x 1
  9. Reallyretired

Reallyretired Funster

I have the original version and its very good. When I saw the solar version I assumed the wheel transmitters were solar powered as I am already on my second set of batteries. Disappointed to find it's just the receiver that's solar as that only needs an hour or two charge once a month so the solar advantage is not great.

• Like Like x 3
  10. daveinspain

daveinspain Funster

I've just bought the solar version, it came with dustcovers and the tools to fit them - haven't had a chance to fit them yet, so can't advise on that.

11. Puddleduck

Puddleduck Funster

Like you said....... wouldn't be without the system :)

12. EssexBoy

EssexBoy Funster

I think the dust covers are the little black rubber sleeves that go on the valve stems first, then stretch up & over the base of the transmitter, covering the locknut.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Jaws

Jaws Funster Life Member

I just fitted them to the rear four
    Hopefully I would feel if one of the fronts started going down but on the rear ( tag ) I found out the hard way that even with one virtually flat I could not detect any difference !

14. FJmike

FJmike Funster

As wombels suggested I emailed Tyrepal and a set of dust shield's are on their way. I am extremely impressed with their prompt and efficient handling of my complaint.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Wombles

Wombles Funster

Good to hear you got it sorted :)