Tyrepal Query

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by juleshe, Jun 29, 2015.

1. juleshe

juleshe Funster

Just fitting Tyrepal and wondered if others have fitted the locking grub screws? They do seem very fiddly and I have read of the possibility of them getting corroded. Just wondered how much chance they have of getting pinched if they aren't fitted as they seem fairly unobtrusive.

Thanks.

2. Puddleduck

Puddleduck Funster

We've put the grub screws in but I am not sure if it's worth it or not to be honest. I'd be more worried about the sensor working loose and falling off than getting pinched - they are no good without the monitor after all.

3. icantremember

icantremember Funster

When I first fitted the TyrePal system I also fitted all the locking rings on both m/h and toad but soon got fed up with the fiddling around, so now don't bother.

4. NickNic

NickNic Funster Life Member

I've fitted them.

5. wingman

wingman Funster

I've fitted the grub screws. Likewise to the poster above. Don't want them falling off. I found it easier to remove the wheel trim (if you have one). I gives you much more room to fart about with the Allen Key. I put a smidge of blu tack on the key to save the screw falling off. Once properly into the thread, I just peeled it off before the final tightening of the screw.

I've heard about the corrosion issue too. Something to do with differences in metal? Did another another smidge - (grease this time) so that they undo easily when required.

PS. Definition of a grub screw is sex in the lunch hour :D

• Like Like x 1
  6. Cal54

Cal54 Funster Life Member

I did fit the screws originally but had to remove the hub caps to do it. Then of course I had to reverse the process when air needed. Needless to say I haven't bothered with them since - especially as I also use cable ties on the trims.

7. Stewart J

Stewart J Funster

Carried out my 6 month routine of removing sensors then grub screws and lubricating with Copaslip" prevents seizure of grub screws or sensor threads on valve stems. 10 minutes all told for peace of mind, simple's ;0)

8. TerryL

TerryL Funster

Wish I was as organised as you!:giggler:

• Like Like x 1