Tyre Valve Extender Brackets (1 Viewer)

Edgie

Free Member
Nov 5, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
C Class
Hoping some of you out there have some close up pics of your twin wheel valve extension brackets????? have bought some valve extenders and brackets and would like to see others before I attempt to fit..

Thanks in advance

Edgie

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Cheers Edgie.

Did you get the rigid or flexible ones?

I'd like to see how they are fitted too?

Someone said they didn't rebalance the wheels after fitting.

I would have thought that was necessary?

OP
OP
Edgie

Edgie

Free Member
Nov 5, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
C Class
Got flexible steel covered in rubber by Michelin and the twin wheel mounted bracket, thing is I have chrome trims and am keen to see how others have theirs fitted..... com'n guys and gals the rain has stopped pop outside with your digi cams :winky:

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Hiya Edgie
just took some pics of mine, the outer screw on one is self explanatory, the inner bracket one has two ssteel claw type parts that clamp and is tightened over the edge of the hole in the outer wheel.
On my last rv the brackets were pop rivetted to the centre of the wheel trim on the outside, sorry no pics of those,

hope this helps Larry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Attachments

• P1000081.jpg
    P1000081.jpg
    195.3 KB · Views: 124
  • P1000080.jpg
    P1000080.jpg
    193.1 KB · Views: 123
OP
OP
Edgie

Edgie

Free Member
Nov 5, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
C Class
Thanks Larry really appreciate you doing that :thumb: sadly they are not the same as the ones I have bought, see pics attached.... anyone else got any pics...

Attachments

• 12546 LARGE.jpg
    12546 LARGE.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 43
  • 12532 LARGE.jpg
    12532 LARGE.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 48

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Any good.
fitted to my ford chassis rexhall.

attached by small rivets through the stainless liners.

Attachments

• IMG_1425 (Large).JPG
    IMG_1425 (Large).JPG
    99.4 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_1426 (Large).JPG
    IMG_1426 (Large).JPG
    72.6 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_1427 (Large).JPG
    IMG_1427 (Large).JPG
    52.9 KB · Views: 89
Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Thanks Larry really appreciate you doing that :thumb: sadly they are not the same as the ones I have bought, see pics attached.... anyone else got any pics...

Not seen those before, in the absence of any other retainer for the extension tubes I think that the clamp would be fitted to wheel perforation with the narrow end of the wire supports outwards so that the centrifugal force of the wheel keeps the valve extenders located.
Larry

Apr 19, 2009
Rotherham
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Since 2009
got them fitted on one side,but not the other.Anyone know how to get the ss trims off, mine seem realy tight fitted.

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
got them fitted on one side,but not the other.Anyone know how to get the ss trims off, mine seem realy tight fitted.

That would be useful.:thumb:

Got a pair of new tyres to get fitted soon and I really don't want them to damage the covers.

Steve

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
had a major problem with them - lost tyre

Hoping some of you out there have some close up pics of your twin wheel valve extension brackets????? have bought some valve extenders and brackets and would like to see others before I attempt to fit..

Thanks in advance

Edgie

I got a set for my Winnibago Aspect from Darren at Motorhome Medics. Seems there are some issues regarding the type of valve they are going to be fitted to. I checked them out also while in the USA at Camping World store in San Dieago and was advised against them as I could not state what type of valves I had. They seemed to think you needed to have the actual valve changed as well.

Anyway did not get them from the states, I purchased them from Darren. I had my local heavy lorry repair company fit them ... they are a main Renault truck dealer and the owner runs 9 American wreckers and a lot of other makes, a real yank nut. Has a Winnibago himself.. Mick Gould Commercials in Goudhurst Kent. I have used them to fit my air lift and lots of other jobs including the pre MOT's they are a big concern.

I had the valves fitted (ÂŁ40 labour) and went home. I run a tyre flat and yes it was the valve, it had not been done up properly. So the extender valve was bleeding off the air (inside wheel)... by the time I got home I had a flat tyre that had run 20 miles.

I called out a tyre rescue (as sold in various magazines - they turn out, you buy the tire sort of thing...waste of time.. took 3 days and 3 visits to get a new tire fitted). Anyway the tire call out company in Kent - Watling Street Tires, fitted comercial valve extenders (they had to put new valve in the wheel).. they also removed the other valve I had on the inside on the otherside as they thought that was not done up very well... he, the fitter says you need to remove the wheel to do the job and not fit it on and poke it through as it can come un-done (as this is the case on mine). Now I have my rears both done and they have clamped them to my wheel liners. I can inflate inner and outer from the same place on the outside of the tire 180 degree across from each other.

I, in the end invested in a Stanley Bostick (from Screwfix) air compressor and a comercial airline to check and pump my own tires up as I found even getting the tires done was a problem.. as they have 65 psi on the front and 60 psi on the rears. - that is all I wanted to do in the start was to be able to check the tire pressure.. what a mess.. the replacement tire cost ÂŁ240 - but after much agrument I ended up paying just the ÂŁ40 for the tire valve fitting and cancelled the remainder of the 3 year call out contract (no refund)..

So be warned. - also the fixed angle type are a real pain... go for the flexible type or find your local truck tire company and they will have the comerical type that fit American RV's

Bob:thumb:

Soundman

Free Member
May 1, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
16 Years
Euroliner Trims with Valve Extenders

Euroliner Trims with valve extenders

Soundman

Attachments

• 002A.jpg
    002A.jpg
    194 KB · Views: 72

mike/jen

Free Member
Nov 29, 2009
Powys
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
7 years
Trims

Hi Andy when you get your trims off make sure you put copper grease in the cap before you put them back on, and only just nic them up. i hope this helps.
Mike

H

Hagstrom

Deleted User
Sorry this may be a bit off-topic. We have the same Euroliners fitted to our van but used the spring clip option to retain the flexible tyre valve extenders instead of the US bracket kit.

However, I see from Soundman's wheel photo above that he has Michelin Agilis 215/75 16?s fitted to what looks like a Sprinter 518 (Hymer S820?) chassis and wanted to know how he got on with them. (I tried to start a "Conversation" but that option is not available on his profile.)

I'm asking because my Sprinter 518 handbook specifies 205/75 16s to be fitted to dual rears models and I would like to beef up the tyres when I replace them soon. I had assumed that 205s were the maximum in case the dual rears started rubbing together under load conditions? It would me give confidence to fit 215s - especially knowing that Hymer provided them as standard from new, as they would not depart from manufacturers recommendations without thorough grounds.

Norman

WSandME

Free Member
Aug 9, 2016
Wigan-ish
Funster No
MH
Hymer B660 Bestline
Exp
SInce 2006
I'm not sure whether it's proper to resurrect a topic, but I'd like to know from users of tyre valve extenders on dual rear wheels whether you need to re-balance the wheels.
I'm considering adding braided steel flexible extenders to both the inner and outer wheels and fixing them to a bracket or brackets to allow them both to be accessed through the wheel trims.
It occurs to me that if the mounting hardware is fixed to the outer wheel, the weight of the extender from the inner wheel won't be there when balancing - presuming the balancing must be done on individual wheels off the vehicle.
How is balancing done - if at all?

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Your two valve extenders will oppose each other on opposite sides of the wheel so should be OK, I run TyrePal sensors in the pipe work and just keep them opposite each other behind the wheel trim and have no problem.

Martin

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
As already said....put the inner wheel on then the outer with the actual valve as close to 180° opposite the inner valve.
That way one extender counterbalances the other one.
The few grams difference between inner and outer extenders won't make any noticeable difference when driving.

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
Flexible or solid? Brackets or not? Any ideas on the best type to use with tyrepal? No hijack intended, cheers.

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Why don't you take your van to Grantham Simon. The firm that supplied Martin (funflair) are at Gt Gonerby just off the A1, not far from us.

WSandME

Free Member
Aug 9, 2016
Wigan-ish
Funster No
MH
Hymer B660 Bestline
Exp
SInce 2006
Thanks, guys,
I hadn't noticed whether the valves were on opposite sides - I'll check to ensure they are and set up the hardware to be as precisely opposed as possible (y)

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Simon @dabhand has asked me for some photos of the flow through monitors in situ so here goes you might as well all have a look if you are interested. (Please excuse the rusty wheels I have had the fronts powder coated but not the rears yet)

IMG_8714.JPG This is how the valve end of the final extension pipe come through the trim.
IMG_3075.JPG The big steel bracket is for the trim to bolt to, the tyre pressure monitors are cable tied to the wires around the bracket to stop them flinging out with centrifugal force.
IMG_0158.JPG The outer wheel of the two rears has a 90 bend at the end of the pipe to come from the valve as the wheel is essentially on backwards so the valve is the wrong side of the wheel.
IMG_1651.JPG
IMG_1218.JPG The front could have a standard pressure monitoring cap on the valve depending on the trim, ours is piped up similar to the rear partly because the trims were already drilled and had the extender pipes through so I just put the pressure monitor inline.

Martin

Duck Truck

Free Member
Feb 27, 2015
UP North
Funster No
MH
Hobby 725
Exp
since 2012
Errr
just to add.
I fitted coloured valve caps to match our van.

DON'T do the same
They were made of alloy
and corroded after the winter and getting them off to check the tyre pressures was a night mare.
Stick to the plastic ones
kev

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Errr
just to add.
I fitted coloured valve caps to match our van.

DON'T do the same
They were made of alloy
and corroded after the winter and getting them off to check the tyre pressures was a night mare.
Stick to the plastic ones
kev
I always use a bit of Vaseline, on the cap threads as well.

Martin

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back