Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon Tiki
Exp
4 years
Hi all, i hope one of you knowledgable types can give some advice as to the correct tyre pressures for our Bessicar E560. the plate on the front door states 79 rear & 72 front, however the tyres which are continentals state 69. Obviously we don't want to overinflate and when we checked today they are running at about 69. Should we go by the door plate or leave them as they are?
thanks in advance for any advice x

steles

Free Member
Sep 2, 2007
Kent
Funster No
MH
Panel Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2005
You dont state what year your van is. I assume by the pressure on the plate that it is X 250 2007 or later. Fiat pressures are front 5 bar(72psi) and rear5.5bar(79psi) Read small print on tyre it states for motorhome use 5.5bar is allowed.
To get correct pressures weigh both axles and phone conti.
Steles

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
the pressures on the door plate are maximumu pressures and shouldnt be taken as the actual pressure needed.

my 3.85ton kontiki, on a ducato base, ran at 65psi rear and 58psi front...........the door plate also read 5.5bar and 5bar. (80psi and 72psi)

over inflation is just as bad as under inflation and could lead to loss of traction, cornering, pulling and braking. :Doh:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
over inflation is just as bad as under inflation and could lead to loss of traction, cornering, pulling and braking. :Doh:

And stressing of the tyre carcass including premature failure and VERY hard ride as tyre does not "soak" up some of the road roughness, light steering, Wear only in the center part of the tread and all of the above as itemised by PappaJohn.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back