Tyre Pressure Monitors and Whiskey

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Jim, Aug 17, 2012.

1. Jim

Jim Ringleader

Sat in Champers van last night having a tipple of Bushmills to celebrate Mr Champers retirement when one the girls looking out the window said "what's that flashing red light?" The van next door was Dingrays, and flashing away was one of the tyre pressure monitors he bought from me a couple of months ago.:BigGrin:

Thanks to that flashing light, Ray won't be travelling all the way home to Scotland on a soft tyre, wasting money and risking a blow out:BigGrin:

Advert follows..
    If you'd like a set, you can buy them from us at Malvern this weekend at stand 26 or from here Tyre Pressure Monitors :thumb:

• Like Like x 1
  2. buttons

buttons Funster

The cynics among us suggested that Boris having a union jack in each hand while hanging out of control from a zip wire during the Olympics, might have had some influence on the rum of events. Sometimes misfortunes strikes at the most opportune moment.:Wink:

3. Techno

Techno Funster Life Member

Four of the best things I bought this year :thumb:

4. slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob Read Only Funster

yes they do work

When I sold my big trailer I put them on the baby trailer... and a couple weeks later all three were flashing... the small tyres on the trailer had lost enough pressure to activate them.. Worth knowing I am lose that much air as I normally run to the South of France and back .. on my buy list for Malvern was a suitable portable air pump ...as the tank one I use at home is to big to carry with me.

The ones I put on the RV have not flashed since fitted at Peterborough other than the tyre I blew on the channel train..

So yes they do work.

So JIM was is the ground like at Malvern.. have sent PM to Bob & Jane twice and cannot get a reply.

Bob... still no news on a finish time for the RV.. parts still in transit.

5. whatta

whatta Funster

Dingray persuaded me to buy a set.

I didn't realise - he's part of your marketing team...:Rofl1:

Wishing all at the Malvern Show good weather and a great Meet.

Peter S

• Like Like x 1
  6. Reallyretired

Reallyretired Funster

Very good idea using them on trailer tyres. When I had a trailer (just for taking stuff to the tip - for toad Aframe rules:reel:) I had to pump up the tyres every time I used it. I suppose the smaller the tyre the less air it has to lose to go soft.

7. slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob Read Only Funster

yes it seems to loose air - small tyres

Yes the small tyres seem to loose air... I even have anti puncture stuff in them...

I had a tyre switched around (New Michelin I purchased in France) the new tyre on to the outside near side pair and the spare back to the continental wheel - carrier on the back... the garage had to take the monitor off.. they were very impressed with it... this garage is a main Renault Truck dealership and has a massive repair facility and runs loads and loads of American wreckers ... they did the calliper for me on my RV.

Bob