Tyre Pressure Monitors and Whiskey (1 Viewer)

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Sat in Champers van last night having a tipple of Bushmills to celebrate Mr Champers retirement when one the girls looking out the window said "what's that flashing red light?" The van next door was Dingrays, and flashing away was one of the tyre pressure monitors he bought from me a couple of months ago.::bigsmile:

Thanks to that flashing light, Ray won't be travelling all the way home to Scotland on a soft tyre, wasting money and risking a blow out::bigsmile:

Advert follows..
If you'd like a set, you can buy them from us at Malvern this weekend at stand 26 or from here Link Removed:thumb:

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Sat in Champers van last night having a tipple of Bushmills to celebrate Mr Champers retirement when one the girls looking out the window said "what's that flashing red light?" The van next door was Dingrays, and flashing away was one of the tyre pressure monitors he bought from me a couple of months ago.::bigsmile:
Thanks to that flashing light, Ray won't be travelling all the way home to Scotland on a soft tyre, wasting money and risking a blow out::bigsmile:
Advert follows..
If you'd like a set, you can buy them from us at Malvern this weekend at stand 26 or from here Link Removed:thumb:
The cynics among us suggested that Boris having a union jack in each hand while hanging out of control from a zip wire during the Olympics, might have had some influence on the rum of events. Sometimes misfortunes strikes at the most opportune moment.:winky:

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Four of the best things I bought this year :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
yes they do work

When I sold my big trailer I put them on the baby trailer... and a couple weeks later all three were flashing... the small tyres on the trailer had lost enough pressure to activate them.. Worth knowing I am lose that much air as I normally run to the South of France and back .. on my buy list for Malvern was a suitable portable air pump ...as the tank one I use at home is to big to carry with me.

The ones I put on the RV have not flashed since fitted at Peterborough other than the tyre I blew on the channel train..

So yes they do work.

So JIM was is the ground like at Malvern.. have sent PM to Bob & Jane twice and cannot get a reply.

Bob... still no news on a finish time for the RV.. parts still in transit.

whatta

Free Member
Aug 21, 2010
Scotland, but on the move
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2001
Dingray persuaded me to buy a set.

I didn't realise - he's part of your marketing team...:ROFLMAO:

Wishing all at the Malvern Show good weather and a great Meet.

Peter S

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Very good idea using them on trailer tyres. When I had a trailer (just for taking stuff to the tip - for toad Aframe rules:reel:) I had to pump up the tyres every time I used it. I suppose the smaller the tyre the less air it has to lose to go soft.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
yes it seems to loose air - small tyres

Very good idea using them on trailer tyres. When I had a trailer (just for taking stuff to the tip - for toad Aframe rules:reel:) I had to pump up the tyres every time I used it. I suppose the smaller the tyre the less air it has to lose to go soft.

Yes the small tyres seem to loose air... I even have anti puncture stuff in them...

I had a tyre switched around (New Michelin I purchased in France) the new tyre on to the outside near side pair and the spare back to the continental wheel - carrier on the back... the garage had to take the monitor off.. they were very impressed with it... this garage is a main Renault Truck dealership and has a massive repair facility and runs loads and loads of American wreckers ... they did the calliper for me on my RV.

Bob

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back