LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Probably get shot down here but in 43 years Iv only had one high speed blow out,

I've had more flats when driving in the last two years than ever before. Usually caused by debris from hedges left on the road when the hedges have been trimmed - four of the flats had barbed wire in them. You don't get an instant deflation but a small and then huge deflation within a minute so the tyre pal would be ideal alerting to the slight change before the major flat.

Had a big blowout in France (luckily in a car park) and the type pal would have alerted to the rise in heat in the tyre I think.

Anyway we have them on the motorhome and if they come on the £99 offer again I'll consider putting them on the car.

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
I don't have the instructions to hand, but I recall my Tyrepal monitors only update every 5 minutes unless there is a loss of pressure or overheating when they transmit continuously. This is to be economical on the battery life of the wheel transmitters, only a little battery. I have just replaced the batteries in mine as one was flat after just a year, they come with the batteries already fitted and may have been in stock for years though. The batteries are cheap enough and easy to fit using the slightly strange tools provided.

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
No sweat! I Got a Tool for Re cutting my Chain Saw Blades and this was in the catalogue which came back with it. I binned the catalogue some weeks back but remembered enough to "Google" this up!.

They where also doing "Dash Cams" a while back too, at around the £30 mark?

Pete

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
I bought a TyrePal set of 5 a couple of weeks ago, didn't know there were any discounts so I paid the full price of about £165.
Didn't seem too expensive to me and it stops the need for me to go round kicking the tyres to check pressures before every trip they are worth every penny.
I already have an oil level sensor, water level sensor, washer bottle level sensor and battery status sensors, seemed logical to get tyre pressure sensors too.
Allan

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back