Free Member
Apr 25, 2017
Clevedon, N Somerset
Funster No
MH
Chausson Welcome 510
Exp
4 years
Just been looking at my tyre pressure gauge and a bottle of gloop that came with it. Apparently this is the solution to a puncture or flat tyre, but I am curious. Does it work?
Your views, as always, are very welcome.

MC 55 FUN

Free Member
Feb 18, 2016
Rural South West Wales.
Funster No
MH
2015 Majestic 195
Exp
Since 20th Feb' 2016
Some types of this '' gloop '' degrade the tyre after use & of course is of no use whatsoever in the event of quite common catastrophic tyrewall failure.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Depending on what has caused the puncture a tentative "yes" obviously if the damage is too great it won't work.

Martin

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
You'd better hope it does !

I've seen reports in the past that said that if you don't have a spare then some recovery firms will not attend.

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
In some cases yes and in some cases no .if its a nail or screw or some such object in the tread area then yes it should work but if its a thorn in the sidewall then it would not work or if you hit a pothole or a kerb then there would be no chance of it working.Its a bit hit and miss but worth having on board as a back up(y)
Brian & Jo

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
I've seen reports in the past that said that if you don't have a spare then some recovery firms will not attend.
I believe in the majority of cases it depends on the van or car manufacturer's original specification.

So, if the vehicle was supplied with a spare wheel and you don't have one, you could be in trouble with the breakdown company.

BUT, if it was supplied without a spare wheel, only a so-called 'repair kit' then you should be OK for assistance from your breakdown company.

May 29, 2013
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Chausson best of Flash 10
Exp
Several years now
We've got an inflator and gloop on the Flash 10 and I've always had my fingers crossed for no punctures. There is no space underneath to hang a spare, but I think I have found a solution to the problem. Which is to build a spare wheel carrier which will mount above the rear bumper. Won't get round to building this till Sept. so another summer of driving with crossed fingers !!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back