Tyre covers - are they any help? (1 Viewer)

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Would a bin liner work?

Anything will work as long as it keeps the sun off. I appreciate that sun damage does not affect some motorhomers, but those of us that spend long periods of time in sunny climes need to take precautions.

OP
OP
peterc10
Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
The main reason for buying tyre covers is for use when the motorhome is parked at home, when one side is in full sunlight for a large part of the day. The tyre covers I am proposing buying in the USA look reasonably light.

I will decide whether I will use them whilst away in the motorhome once I see just how light they are and also how easy they are to fit and remove (the have a bungee at the back to hold them on it appears). We rarely stay more than a few days in one place and if it is difficult I won't feel like putting them on and off each time - it will be a waste of good drinking time.

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
I always use tyre covers when RV is parked at home , possibly for long periods.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
I don't cover my tyres, though I appreciate the reasons for doing so, however;

When I'm not using it my van is in storage, facing North in a corner with a 10ft wall. The next door motorhome is only about 3ft away so no direct sunlight ever reaches the tyres.
When I park on a site I always have my awning facing south(ish) so again there is little direct sunlight on the tyres.
On aires there is less choice of where to park, but if full the tyres are shaded by adjacent motorhomes.
The tyres probably get the most sun when moving and there's not much I can do about that.

I wouldn't want to carry anything heavy to cover them. Would a bin liner work?

Yes Rr with a couple of bungies it does.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back