Tyre blow out on the M6 today (1 Viewer)

mustaphapint

Free Member
Oct 9, 2015
Worcestershire and Brittany
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Just starting
I was heading north on the M6 around 9:45 (I think) today between junctions 12 and 13. I was driving my van in lane 3 of 4 and I was just about to pass a motorhome in lane 2 when suddenly its left hand rear tyre shredded. He moved into lane 1, presumably to stop and the artic behind him immediately put his hazards on. We were still in one of those dangerous sections of smart motorway where there is no hard shoulder so I hope they were able to sort themselves out safely. There was nothing I could do but carry on.

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
I liked, but only because I agree. I think these 'smart' motorways are the most dangerous thing we have ever introduced to our road network!

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
Got them "smart" motorways near where I live - lots of accidents and usually high speed :(

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
our section of the M1 was 'upgraded' to 4 lane no hard shoulder last year, rarely hear about accidents and rarely have traffic issues since

I share the concern but it seems to work in practice, but that might be mainly as most cars will not dream of using lane 1 wherever it is positioned o_O

I do worry that it is monitored by the same bunch who leave warning lights / messages on for ages after things are sorted, just hope they are a lot quicker to put them on

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back