Tyre blow out on the M6 today

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by mustaphapint, Jul 13, 2016.

1. mustaphapint

mustaphapint Funster

I was heading north on the M6 around 9:45 (I think) today between junctions 12 and 13. I was driving my van in lane 3 of 4 and I was just about to pass a motorhome in lane 2 when suddenly its left hand rear tyre shredded. He moved into lane 1, presumably to stop and the artic behind him immediately put his hazards on. We were still in one of those dangerous sections of smart motorway where there is no hard shoulder so I hope they were able to sort themselves out safely. There was nothing I could do but carry on.

• Like Like x 1
  2. DanielFord

DanielFord Funster

I liked, but only because I agree. I think these 'smart' motorways are the most dangerous thing we have ever introduced to our road network!

• Like Like x 2
  3. MikeD

MikeD Funster

Got them "smart" motorways near where I live - lots of accidents and usually high speed :(

4. DavidG58

DavidG58 Funster

our section of the M1 was 'upgraded' to 4 lane no hard shoulder last year, rarely hear about accidents and rarely have traffic issues since

I share the concern but it seems to work in practice, but that might be mainly as most cars will not dream of using lane 1 wherever it is positioned o_O

I do worry that it is monitored by the same bunch who leave warning lights / messages on for ages after things are sorted, just hope they are a lot quicker to put them on