Tyre advise please

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Dai Howells, Apr 5, 2014.

1. Dai Howells

Dai Howells Read Only Funster

Hi, we bought our Freetec 638 2008 motorhome last year and are thinking of changing the tyres this year - some are showing signs of some cracking. Should I change all the tyres (none have been changed since new) or just the ones that look like they need changing? Also, any advise of which to get would be great - not too expensive! The current ones are Bridgestone light truck 185/75 R16's. Thanks

2. highwayman

highwayman Funster Life Member

Hi
    I'd deffo change the cracked tyres ( tbh I'd change em all else you'll have to keep checking the others as you know they're on their way)
    We use Hankook RA08s, plenty of grip on grass etc and not expensive.

Cheers. Nige

3. hilldweller

hilldweller Funster Life Member

Avons have done us proud and if they can stand Moroccan roads they can stand anything. Under £100 each.

4. Bellini

Bellini Funster

Yes, change the tyres.

I use Firestone Vanhawk's on recommendation from Snowbird. Well under £100 per tyre for the size I need. No complaints so far. :thumb:

5. davanne

davanne Funster

I have a freetec 688TI and the same as yours my tyres were starting to crack ...in fact 5 of the six(mines a ford twin rear wheel)
    I have just had all six replaced by Event tyres mobile service.
    I had Hankooks put on as they were what were on originally...well under £100 each and a great professional service from Event.:BigGrin:

6. moonman

moonman Read Only Funster

I've had to replace two front tyres this week due to cracking. They were 07 Michelin Agilis camping tyres with hardly any wear.
    I've replaced them with Michelin AC again. The two rear are continentals of 09 vintage (in excellent condition)

7. maison

maison Funster

Replaced four tyres this year with Continental to replace Michelin Camper tyres.

They run at lower pressures than the Michelin and have reduced the hardness of the ride considerably.

I paid just over the £100 for each tyre including fitting, balancing all four wheels, (in case I need to change them around if I have a puncture etc.), new metal valves etc. Very happy with results so far.:thumb: