Tyre advice needed! 215 85 r16

Discussion in 'Tech/Mech General' started by billinjah, Jun 5, 2012.

1. billinjah

billinjah Read Only Funster

Hi guys my traveline currently has 215 85 r16 load index 110 tyres fitted. They are a pain to find in this country wondered as I'm changing all 6 if I could change to a more uk friendly size? Any help much appreciated!

2. flatpackchicken

flatpackchicken Funster Life Member

Give Brian a call our tyre man, he should be able to tell you all you need to know and probaly supply your tyres as well, 07802661334 ok, Regards Garry Flatpackchicken

3. vwalan

vwalan Funster

hi you could try 215 75x16 yes not quite the same but can cover that load rating .i,m using tigar on that size .with 113/111 load rating .
    these are acualy just under what was original load rating for mine i changed it while doing the conversion to artic as it will almost certainly never carry its full load anymore . they actually cover the gvw anyway.
    they are a budget type tyre . but can be half the price of top quality tyres .
    have found them very good wearing well and have had a few hammerings in morocco. i shall certainly use them again.

• Like Like x 1
  4. billinjah

billinjah Read Only Funster

Cool guys. 75 profile will barely make any difference and is widely available looks like that's the boy for me!

5. vwalan

vwalan Funster

i agree with garry give brian a call i,m sure he as all the upto date info. very helpfull tyre person is our brian.