Types of motorhomers. (1 Viewer)

Deleted User
I used to do the iom tt every year till it dawned on me that the steamracket take the p**s, I would love to tour europe but funds do not allow as i bought our van in cash, Please explain the cb500x? not heard of it, is it a recent model? looks good if that is your avatar. steve.

Motorbikes????......thought this thread was about racism:)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
OP
OP
pigginchilli

pigginchilli

Free Member
May 17, 2015
Town Yetholm
Funster No
MH
low line.
Exp
I used to go up to Bradford up to 5 years ago to see me mum, and all the Asian taxi drivers spoke with a broad Yorkshire accent and complained about the "bloody Polish" coming over and taking all the jobs

:clap2:
T.hats brilliant mate

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
You have thrice referred to me as a troll Graham, following posts I have made. Not directly by name, but referring to my posts when it could only have been me; obviously you don't have the "bottle" to admit to it, but why should I care! Consider yourself "blocked". I will. Not allow you to insult my intelligence again. Toby.

350px-WhiteHouseTheThreeBillyGoatsGruff2003.jpg

I don't recall posting that the three were on this thread.

:clap2:

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
Only just picked up on this thread, but noticed it got silly, so I won't relay the information I was going to impart.

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Oh, by the way, I am a Freeloading, Off-Site Motorhomer and proud of it...

People calling me a Freeloader doesn't worry me at all... just as I hope me calling them Plastic, Weekend, Tarmac Parking, Campsite Dwellers (as long as it has EHU) doesn't worry them...

Only banter hey?

JJ :cool:

PS. At the moment I am PAYING €3 PER NIGHT here at the Marina making sure that the Boss Of Benidorm and his beautiful Moll settle in okay... After a few days training, I hope to lead them up into the hills, where we can overlook the wooded lake, and save money.
If you are only paying 3 Emus per night, why am I paying 4. Is it because I am on UK plates and not running under a flag of convenience

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Motorbikes????......thought this thread was about racism:)

Well it was one of the best posts on here - basically me saying how nice a bike forum was. Everyone on the same side. And that spans UK, USA, Canada, Australia, Thailand mainly, it makes this thread look a disgrace.

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011

Can I confess that I am guilty of Barclaycism.............. just for @GJH

(y)there you go Graham.............. got one in again!(y)

;)

Deleted User
Well it was one of the best posts on here - basically me saying how nice a bike forum was. Everyone on the same side. And that spans UK, USA, Canada, Australia, Thailand mainly, it makes this thread look a disgrace.

This thread was not posted about racism, iam closing it now!

It was meant to be a joke:)

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
:Eeek: I've never seen a thread end up with so much b #####s

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
If you are only paying 3 Emus per night, why am I paying 4. Is it because I am on UK plates and not running under a flag of convenience

You pay more Sir because you have a monster (truck) and I only have a small one (and this is my patch and not Benidorm) and you have a spacious "pitch".

In Benidorm, I had to pay €15 for one night, parked against a wall, in a cramped corner of the car park!

Photos (tomorrow) will prove I speak the truth.

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
You pay more Sir because you have a monster (truck) and I only have a small one (and this is my patch and not Benidorm).

In Benidorm, I had to pay €15 for one night, parked against a wall, in a cramped corner of the car park!

Photos (tomorrow) will prove I speak the truth.

I wasn't going to mention it, but there is obviously a premium to be paid for sunshine. When does the rainy season end here

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
I was trying to avoid saying black...

PC and all that...

That said ... There are French folk that are "not white"...

It's a f3kkin nightmare trying not to offend these days...

Not that I assume that you @NickNic were offened... :)

That's the point. What is wrong with using Black, Indian, Gypsy, Chinese or whatever?

Surely inventing some ridiculous PC term is more insulting?

Just for the record my stepson is mixed race. I've never heard any of these stupid terms used by him or any of his friends. I frequently hear things though that would have the PC brigade on here foaming at the mouth and screaming "racism"

Caron

Free Member
Jan 29, 2016
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail navajo
Exp
New
That's the point. What is wrong with using Black, Indian, Gypsy, Chinese or whatever?

Surely inventing some ridiculous PC term is more insulting?

Just for the record my stepson is mixed race. I've never heard any of these stupid terms used by him or any of his friends. I frequently hear things though that would have the PC brigade on here foaming at the mouth and screaming "racism"

There is nothing wrong with these words, it's often the adjectives used with them that make them offensive, and as I said before the context.

Over the course of my career the acceptability of certain language was constantly changing, driven by self serving organisations in local government often led by white people. Think how many would be out of a job if these went. There's a saving!

You are right about the language used by the young. My sons view my carefulness as bizarre and laughable. They were raised and educated in a multicultural society and don't have the hang ups that my generation often have. They seem to be able to joke and call it for what it is, and get on with people from all ethnicities.

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
I find this thread completely baffling(not read all of it though I must admit), how can such an innocuous post lead to all this?

There are lots of peoples views and opinions that I find offensive including some posted on this forum but my view is that people are entitled to their opinion and views and that includes racist views.

Opinions and views do not in themselves cause damage, racist or other actions do.

I do not find it easy to ignore posts that I find offensive and have sometimes been drawn into discussions mostly completely pointless but I refuse to use the ignore facility, I want to know what's going on.

Having towed caravans for many years I find the term 'tugger' extremely offensive and I would request that no further use of this term is allowed in order to protect my delicate sensibilities:)
I have a friend who would call you an ex-tugalonger. That better? :D:D

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back