Free Member
Oct 19, 2014
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sky I Plus 650LG
Exp
First MoHo - April 2015
Parked opposite us in Sandringham last weekend... A family of african american origin/decent ...

mid4did

Free Member
Sep 29, 2012
N.somerset
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp R 655 GT
Exp
started in a minivan 1970's when I could fit into it.
One of our friends is from a large well known and respected local family of jamaican origin,she's also a member of our skittles teams and we've been away with her and husband on holidays etc.They've been looking around at motorhomes locally and are determined to own one,house extension taking up their time at the moment.Time will tell but they are very positive about it,watch this space (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 31, 2015
Huddersfield
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt, AS Winchcombe
Exp
since 2013
we saw an Indian couple last year in a campervan, cant just remember where but i remember commenting to hubby that it was unusual to see.

grumps147

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
St.Helens
Funster No
MH
Between
Exp
MH 12 yrs -Tent/Caravan 49 years
Go on then , name the alleged racists and examples of their racism ....................

If I was a betting man I'd wager you won't have the bottle though I'd be happy to be proved wrong (y)

The place for reporting incidents alleged of this nature on this 'fun' forum is not by outing in open posts like this.

Racist comments, even though this site is private, are still a criminal offence and Jim's liability as the owner is such he cannot be seen by omission, (because there are so many lists he cannot read them all),to be allowing it.

The only people who can support Jim to prevent this is ourselves via the report button, much discussed in the last week in another post.

There is a very fine line between what some would regard as banter, and others regard as racist comments.

Though we may not have many black and Asian male members, we have a number of partners of many racial origins, who must cringe at some posts as I do. This does not mean the posts are actually racist.

I am disturbed at this naming and shaming in public for many reasons, not least the implications for the 'victim' and Jim if it is found not to be a racist comment.

If you think there is racism on here, please use the report button.

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
And still I await an answer , funny isn't it how mudslingers go quiet when " outed " , ........... Just saying

maybe because they felt 'bullied' not 'outed', if something is not right, report it, leave it to Jim, much better than trying to make a fight of it on the forum (y)

edit, I took so long trying to get the wording right, that Grumps had already posted more or less my own thoughts (y)

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Parked opposite us in Sandringham last weekend... A family of african american origin/decent ...

Surely just African decent? African American is a PC term invented by white PC liberals.

It reminds me of the story of Nelson Mandela being interviewed by a female American journalist who asked him his opinion on something or other as an African American. His response: "My dear, I'm not an American" It completely confused the journalist. She understand his point at all.

Sep 11, 2014
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since 2013
[QUOTE="DavidG58, post: 1790352,

edit, I took so long trying to get the wording right, that Grumps had already posted more or less my own thoughts (y)[/QUOTE]

Don't you just hate it when that happens??

Adbt

Banned
May 19, 2015
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 740 SE
Exp
The place for reporting incidents alleged of this nature on this 'fun' forum is not by outing in open posts like this.

Racist comments, even though this site is private, are still a criminal offence and Jim's liability as the owner is such he cannot be seen by omission, (because there are so many lists he cannot read them all),to be allowing it.

The only people who can support Jim to prevent this is ourselves via the report button, much discussed in the last week in another post.

There is a very fine line between what some would regard as banter, and others regard as racist comments.

Though we may not have many black and Asian male members, we have a number of partners of many racial origins, who must cringe at some posts as I do. This does not mean the posts are actually racist.

I am disturbed at this naming and shaming in public for many reasons, not least the implications for the 'victim' and Jim if it is found not to be a racist comment.

If you think there is racism on here, please use the report button.

1. Racists are not victims
2. I do not require " Jim " to be the arbiter of who is or isn't racist or what is or isn't racist , I'm well capable of deciding that for myself
3. Exposing people who have not got the merest courage of their own convictions is not bullying

grumps147

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
St.Helens
Funster No
MH
Between
Exp
MH 12 yrs -Tent/Caravan 49 years

2. I do not require " Jim " to be the arbiter of who is or isn't racist or what is or isn't racist , I'm well capable of deciding that for myself
3. Exposing people who have not got the merest courage of their own convictions is not bullying

Hey ho.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Being a biker and a motorhomer reading another popular thread on a bike forum, the question was how come there are not many black or asian bikers? I have a mate who is half jamican and loves his bmw, I have yet to see a non white motorhomer on our travels.:cautious:

This was asked here a couple of months ago and one FUNster popped up with "I am".

But statistically, non-whites are a minority, motorhomers are a minority so put the two together and this explains it.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I deleted my reply I was going to send last night as I didn't want to start some sort of war of words but your self-justification demands a response.

You are wrong. I have certainty seen what I consider racist comments on this forum. I am also wrong in not reporting them. I shall consider doing so in future but I am also tolerant of faults in others. Nothing I can say on here is going change anyone's views on race so unless comments became out of hand I am happy, as I have done in the past, just to ignore them.

And don't ask me to dig out these comments. They exist, others have seen them (see above), but it will do no good exhuming them and holding them up in the light as we need to move forward and hopefully keep this forum alive and FUN! :)

Mel

Free Member
Oct 6, 2012
De Haan Belgium
Funster No
MH
Caravan LMC
Exp
Since 2010 Caravan since 1995
What is Black?
We have met many (non white) on campings in Europe.
Maybe the test is you have not noticed there skin only what type of person they are.
There are many non white Dutch caravners.

Dec 23, 2014
South Somerset
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Line I 50
Exp
Since 2009
Surely just African decent? African American is a PC term invented by white PC liberals.

It reminds me of the story of Nelson Mandela being interviewed by a female American journalist who asked him his opinion on something or other as an African American. His response: "My dear, I'm not an American" It completely confused the journalist. She understand his point at all.
In my view the use by the Americans of terms such a African American is a means of inclusion rather than division. Over there people of all races seem to be happy and proud to be identified as being from a particular race but also as an American.

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
I find that the biggest racists are those that shout about racism the loudest,
somehow believing the minorities to be Inferior to themselves, or themselves so Superior that their help is needed in support.

The truly non racist among us believe the minorities are equals, and treat them as such, and allow them to shout for themselves (y)
Geo

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
happy and proud to be identified as being from a particular race but also as an American.

I've noticed that. To me it seemed that "American" was not enough, they had to be "Irish American" etc.

So now, Russian British, Polish British, Indian British, Serb-Croat British. Will it catch on ?.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
In my view the use by the Americans of terms such a African American is a means of inclusion rather than division. Over there people of all races seem to be happy and proud to be identified as being from a particular race but also as an American.

What about when the automatically apply it to people that aren't, and have no wish to be, American?

OP
OP
pigginchilli

pigginchilli

Free Member
May 17, 2015
Town Yetholm
Funster No
MH
low line.
Exp
Being a biker and a motorhomer reading another popular thread on a bike forum, the question was how come there are not many black or asian bikers? I have a mate who is half jamican and loves his bmw, I have yet to see a non white motorhomer on our travels.:cautious:
some very interesting replies, of which some are very different to the bike forum i have been reading. steve.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
some very interesting replies, of which some are very different to the bike forum i have been reading. steve.

There is a CB500X forum where the members from all over the world are even more polite and friendly then FUN, believe it or not. It's really interesting to read that in any country we all feel exactly the same about biking. It's good to see videos from other countries, Thailand, they drive on the right, is one glorious place though hot and wet so very very green.

One guy from California was using a neat app that plotted his progress as he rode right across to Florida. There are a couple about to do America from Alaska to Tiera del Fuego. Not bad for a cheapo 500. One of them must be called Rory.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
It still doesn't matter what people camp in, Brian. Obviously non-Burstner owners look up to us even though they may deny it :whistle:
Well, you were right in an earlier post in that this simply doesn't matter - it is about who you are, not why you are.

I did look up to your Burstner once - it was parked on top of a bonfire in early November....... :LOL:

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Reluctantly I will post that I too, like DBK have seen what appear to be racist comments made by contributors on this Forum.

However, (and this is a huge However) in the context that the comments were made by the persons who made them, towards the persons to whom they were targetted, the remarks were not accepted as racist.
The comments were certainly derogatory as well but again, in the context that the comments were made and received no abuse was either intended nor accepted as such.

How many of us have read scathing insulting rascist and abusive comments, especially during the start of and when the Rugby season is amongst us.
Out of context, those comments would, in many instances, result in fisticuffs and/or worse.

Unfortunately Political Correctness has deigned that in whatever context such comments are made, it should be regarded as a no, no, because somebody??? somewhere??? will be upset.

Sorry. I grew up a long time ago.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back