Types of dogs owned by Funsters (1 Viewer)

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
This my two, a 4 year old border terrier called Izzy who comes everywhere with us and a 15 year old collie cross who doesn't travel with us as she hates it! She's almost deaf and not much strength left in her back legs but otherwise doing very well. Luckily she has a small army of fans that are willing to look after her when we go away.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 28

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Hi Folks, I am a leonberger/german shepherd, and have been with my best friends AlfandM for as long i can remember,I love going traveling in our Motorhome and out on day trips in our car,plus many walks as we can,my breed loves children and most grown folks and i am also a good protector for those i love including our cat,you can see my profile by my aviator on the left,so happy travels to you ALL Bamse:thumb::ROFLMAO::thumb:

That is a nice cross - love both breeds. Big dog!!:Smile:

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Our dog is an shi-tsu....she is sweet yang lady....her name is Lyla
in the end of this year she will start loking for a shi-tzu boy friend.....proposa are accept:thumb:

Mireilli & Pedro

A comedian whose show I attended told me 'Shi-tzu' is japanese for 'Chessington World of Adventures'.:ROFLMAO:

Mine is a tricolour border Collie Meg, as in my avatar but quite a bit bigger now.

OP
OP
Mastercamper

Mastercamper

Free Member
Dec 7, 2013
Northumberland Flag Flier
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
50 years campervanning
Thank you to all the funsters who added to this thread.
We all obviously think that our own dogs are the best. That is just how it should be.
A well loved dog is not owned, but owns us. Non dog people do have a problem understanding this. That is OK. I do not need to try and convert anybody.
I have lived with dogs all my life.
My life has been the richer for it:thumb:

For one, I never tire of hearing of people`s joy in dog companionship. It is certainly apparent in this thread. What more could any body yearn for than a dog (or two) and a motorhome and continued health in all three to enjoy them.
Thank you.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013

This is ruby, a scruffy Scottish terrier, as easy going and happy as you could wish for. Has yet to go out in the motorhome, but she's fine in the car and loved the caravan and the beach.

She is our 4th dog, have previously had a lab cross, westie and a working cocker.

mapa

Free Member
Sep 16, 2013
Colchester
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
3 border collies, 2 Belgium shepherds and 1 Pomeranian. We've got a large garage converted into cages for them. We put up a garden for them so they can mooch about without causing a nuisance to anyone. We usually take our 6 dwarf tortoises with us as well and we have also taken several ducklings as well, when we have some younguns. They always attract attention and people always stop to natter about them, especially the tortoises.

Oct 29, 2013
Dorset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
1 year motorhomer after 21 years caravanning
We have Toby our 3 year old absolutely edible chocolate lab -he's better looking than me which is why his picture's in my profile ::bigsmile:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
I introduce Benji and Millie, brother and sister , three year old terrors . We leave them at home when we travel and miss them so so much :Sad:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 20

alfandM

Free Member
Mar 12, 2012
sweden
Funster No
MH
A
Exp
We have Toby our 3 year old absolutely edible chocolate lab -he's better looking than me which is why his picture's in my profile ::bigsmile:

A Copy of my sister's dog known as Hershey,lovely breed but eat you out of house and home:thumb:

lilac lill

Free Member
Sep 15, 2012
Worksop
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt - I think!
Exp
Since 01/09/12
I am currently slave to 2 rescue lurchers.
Pickle (the princess) at the back is Saluki- Grey X and an ex worker, although she usually forgets the 'ex' bit.. :winky:
And Spud is at the front, Staffy - Grey X (and part bat if you check out the ears.!)
Pickle was 3 in Oct and Spud will be 4 in Feb.
They LOVE going away in Madge, and get really annoyed when she just comes home for a clean - and they don't get to go anywhere...::bigsmile:

Last edited:

att

Free Member
Jul 17, 2013
Lincolnshire.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Brand Spanking Newbie
Rhodesian Ridgeback Rasmus.
Loves everything, except strangers in his territory:thumb:

Loves the MH....He is a bit of a nob though:ROFLMAO:

Attachments

• phone pictures 005.jpg
    phone pictures 005.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 23
May 6, 2010
Doncaster
Funster No
MH
Exp
April 2010
Jax our big soft noble Dogue de Bordeaux and Luna our loveable bugger Old Tyme Bulldog
Both love to play with whoever which mostly does not happen as other owners take one look and drag their dogs away :Sad:
That said Luna does have a liking for laying on Jess the terrierist (Canopus's dog) when she won't share her ball :ROFLMAO:

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Rhodesian Ridgeback Rasmus.
Loves everything, [HI]except strangers in his territory[/HI]:thumb:

Loves the MH....He is a bit of a nob though:ROFLMAO:
Tell me about it, strangers beware.:roflmto:

Trikeman

Free Member
Aug 22, 2012
Wilds of Ceredigion.
Funster No
MH
AT 634 Apache.
Exp
Since 2011.
Our two, brothers having a laugh together and enjoying that day's sun we had last year.

and here they are in their normal position. I would dread to think what would happen if someone tried to touch the Wife and she yelped - I tried it once.
:roflmto:

Trikeman. :winky:

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
We have a Beagle ( Jeremy) and a golden labrador ( Flo) Here they are at Dunkerque last Sept withMrs A on the right and Miss A on the left. ( Thankfully, I am not in the picture!

12224910055_f3e9992d5e_z.jpg

Allan

Last edited:

billy

Free Member
Jan 10, 2009
Bolton
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
since 2009
DSCN0358.jpg
This is our Sophie a mixed breed she was a rescue and she loves her dad and i love her to bits

DSCN0347.jpg

This is our Lilly she is a Chinese Crested and was rescued from a breeder she is never to far away from her mum

OP
OP
Mastercamper

Mastercamper

Free Member
Dec 7, 2013
Northumberland Flag Flier
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
50 years campervanning
Perhaps we could expand this thread by describing how we named our dogs.
My black and white Border Collie is called Meghan, (spelt the Welsh way, as she came from Wales). The white and black one is Meghans son. I believe the Welsh for white is Gwyn. That's his name.

Trikeman

Free Member
Aug 22, 2012
Wilds of Ceredigion.
Funster No
MH
AT 634 Apache.
Exp
Since 2011.
Perhaps we could expand this thread by describing how we named our dogs.
My black and white Border Collie is called Meghan, (spelt the Welsh way, as she came from Wales). The white and black one is Meghans son. I believe the Welsh for white is Gwyn. That's his name.

You are right with the Gwyn bit :thumb:

Our staffies are Taz (as in Tasmanian devil cartoon) and Kona (as we couldn't think of a name for him so named him after my bike).

Trikeman. :winky:

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Our animals used to be named after food.....

Poppy the beautiful flat coated retriever - poppadum
Tikka - because she was rich curry colour
Chutney and chilli - 2 cats
Ruby and Murray - 2 other cats
Guinea pigs named after herbs
.....and the baby guppies in the fish tank were called "lunch" as they didn't last long.

Boring now, as we foster rescues who usually have a name already..... Some of them really -ahem - imaginative:Blush:

Momo

Free Member
Sep 19, 2008
Valencia City, Spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
I'm a newbie.
This is my little 9 year old Yorkie:

He's called Napo (Napoleon) and loves children, being fussed and groomed! He is a very gentle natured dog and just wants to be the centre of attention! He goes down very well in France too! He loves wearing his harness as it converts him into a Rottie (he thinks!)

Attachments

• Napo Lounge.JPG
    Napo Lounge.JPG
    52.9 KB · Views: 18
  • Napo & Fire.JPG
    Napo & Fire.JPG
    38.8 KB · Views: 17
  • Napo.jpg
    Napo.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.