Types of dogs owned by Funsters (1 Viewer)

Mastercamper

Free Member
Dec 7, 2013
Northumberland Flag Flier
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
50 years campervanning
Recently there have been several posts referring to dogs. As a dog owner myself, I was just wondering what breeds fellow Funsters favour as the ideal canine companion. I have 2 Border Collies...one black and white and one white and black.

IMHO the best dogs around...........:thumb::thumb:

Rayb182

Funster
Deceased RIP
Nov 13, 2009
Great Bentley
Funster No
MH
Sundance 590 PR
Exp
Since 1999
We have a Jack Russel/Old English Sheepdog, his mum was laying down at the time, :ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 5, 2012
Scotland
Funster No
MH
East Neuk Fifer
Exp
since 2012
A border terrier bitch aged 12, yellow lab bitch aged 11 and springer/lab dog aged 7. Guess which 2 are trouble ::bigsmile:

Aug 23, 2009
Burnham on Sea-late of Mortagne sur Gironde
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Stargazer
Exp
Since 1995
2year old Lab GS cross. Travelled all over Europe with us from Northern Norway to Southern Spain.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 21

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Show your mutt!

There was a great thread on here a little while ago called Show Your Mutt, started by Haggers.

Have a look here.

Broken Link Removed

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hi.
Border Collie for us as well,had Polar, a Norwegian Barge dog,(Keeshund ?),Jet black long haired Alsatian,(Smokey Joe),first Border collie, Lucky,second B/C, Wilfy the Wolf,to old for a puppy,so rescued third B/C...

Useless Article !!!Sassy aka Sass- Bag
She has another alias,there was some Spagg/Bol left over one night.....
SPAGG_BELLY !! is the new,"In" name:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Tea Bag

Quintapedro

Campsite Owner Portugal
Feb 20, 2013
N37"09.24 W008"12.34
Funster No
MH
Motorhome Site
Exp
au...au...au..

Our dog is an shi-tsu....she is sweet yang lady....her name is Lyla
in the end of this year she will start loking for a shi-tzu boy friend.....proposa are accept:thumb:

Mireilli & Pedro

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
3 year old male brindle/white staffy cross, 2 year old girl red staffy, 2 year old male black staffy. little ones are brother/sister. all as soft as they come, love everyone and every thing. certainly lifes fun having my "kids" about rarely a dull moment in our house/van

Biggles

Free Member
Sep 2, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Since 2009
2 Airedale Terriers. Cost us a fortune because they take up a lot of space. We had a narrowboat, now we have a wide beam, we had a small MH now we have one big enough to make them comfortable.

2 35kg terriers take up a lot of space and attention.

Upside is they don't moult much.

daisy mae

Free Member
Mar 12, 2013
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
C class Coachbuilt
Exp
I`m a newbie, now 1 year
I have a two year old Brown Bearded Collie called Pollyanna, she is a sweetheart, I think so and so do the villagers, also have a 10 year old rescued Slate Bearded Collie and a 14 year old Yorkshire Terrier who is also a rescue.
When I travel Pollyanna goes with me .

jacks girls

Free Member
Feb 12, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I'm new
image.jpg
Labradoodle (Jack), quite mad, improving very slowly, he's now three. Had 4 German Shepherds (not all at once) before him and they were such good dogs, really wanted to please you and very biddable unlike this one (sorry Jack).

Sep 23, 2007
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 and many as a tugger
9 month old Springer Spaniel called Barney. Lost our last Springer Jasper in November. We have only had Barney for 3 weeks, so hoping he likes traveling in the M/H.

Aug 4, 2013
Oop North
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Just a Penguin in our MH! ..... Stuffed toy that is ......delinquent cat at home......... I don't mind other peoples dogs but never wanted to own one myself ..... think they are brilliant companions though.

Had to laugh other week couple I know bought a dog the wife loved it to distraction the husband sadly found it really irritating, then the dog woke them up barking in the middle of the night and they found a burglar in the house, the next thing I saw was a picture of the husband with his arm around the dog! :ROFLMAO::roflmto:

DP+JAY

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 17, 2010
Dalbeattie
Funster No
MH
Laika 5009
Exp
since 2007, 25 years tuggin before that.
We currently have a Dalmatian (our second) & a Springer (both are rescued).
Previously had GSD's & Border Collies.

OP
OP
Mastercamper

Mastercamper

Free Member
Dec 7, 2013
Northumberland Flag Flier
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
50 years campervanning
:Smile:
There was a great thread on here a little while ago called Show Your Mutt, started by Haggers.

Have a look here.

Broken Link Removed

Thanks for this super link.
Being relatively new to this forum, I hadn`t seen the previous thread. I should have asked for pics on this thread.
Please feel free to post pictures.

Last edited:

camocam1

Free Member
Aug 28, 2012
Elgin,Moray,Scotland
Funster No
MH
bailey approach 760 se
Exp
since 2012
Have had a Shetland Collie then a cavalier king Charles after him we said no more dogs as can't stand the pain of loosing them when the time comes but then daughters both get dogs
1 a cavalier king Charles who actually comes to the I pad when we face time and recognises our voices other daughter who stays local got a springer spaniel who just wants to chase a ball all day spends most of her time with us as daughter works and guess what when we go off in the van for a weekend guess who is always there !!! Yip the mad springer you would sometimes think she is ours in fact she is currently curled up at the foot of MY bed why I have no idea was just told she is staying over tonight

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
I have a 11 and a half year old border collie. I'm sure he has old man syndrome, he's very grumpy now.:RollEyes:.

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
Our Dolly (Doo-lally). Rescue X-breed from RSPCA. Age unkown but around 15. Now blind, deaf, dodgy back legs and has doggy dementia (managed to stop the incontinence with medication!) but she's a darling and absolutely loves travelling in the motorhome.

Wyaye wires

Free Member
Sep 13, 2009
Berwickshire
Funster No
MH
A class Neisman Bischoff
Exp
since July 2009
4 Wire Haired Fox Terriers that travel with us. Unfortunately the nature of the breed means that I have to muzzle them when I have all 4 loose in the garden at the same time because if they kick off, they really go for it. I have the scars to prove it, from trying to separate them before they do serious damage to each other.
We have Father, Mother and two of the sons who I couldn't find suitable homes for and we ended up keeping them. It's a constant dog management situation with 3 'whole' dogs around. The brothers run together and enjoy each others company, mostly, but typical brothers, something small will set them off and then 'Big Voice' has to intervene, hopefully before the teeth are out.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back