Type of Tyres

Discussion in 'Tech/Mech General' started by Millibobs, Aug 24, 2015.

1. Millibobs

Millibobs Funster

Hola guys
    I've just had a problem with a Hankook tyre fitted to the rear of my Benimar Europa 3.5k.
    It had ballooned up in the middle of hardly worn tread (10000 k). Last year the other Hankook on the other side had burst coming down the Alps.
    Just been offered two Michelin Agilis 215/75/RR16C 116/114 tyres for about 330 euros complete.
    Does any one know if these commercial tyres are any good on a motorhome. Would appreciate advice on this please before I go ahead and order
    regards

2. vwalan

vwalan Funster

hard to advise . does seem like you may have caught them . perhaps running over as kerb.
    i use that same size on my 6.3 ton truck . i had maxmiller ex radials fitted last year at 75 quid each fitted . inc vat etc . seem quiet and grippy and so far am happy with them . they are chinese .
    if they wear out quicker i think i shall be quids in .
    all i can say is shop around . mind uk is about the cheapest place in eu for tyres .
    i have used commercial tyres on m,homes for years . really cant see any problems .

• Like Like x 1
  3. Terry

Terry Funster

Hi for years commercial tyres have been used on vans (usually 8 ply)It is probably only in the last 5 years that some people are switching to Camping tyres -The Michelin Agilis are very good tyres and I put them on my last van (y)for no other reason that I got them for a bargain price of £75 per tyre including the new steel wheels :LOL:Mate got me them since Iveco decided to send out new vans with spare wheels and the dealers were not allowed to sell them with spares-some health and safety crap :LOL:
    terry

• Like Like x 1
  4. jumar

jumar Funster

We run on 4 of these on our Hymer Tramp, I also had a total of 6 on my previous van (we do use our motorhomes) cannot fault them, they run quieter than our original XCCampers.
    Just had a few ventures onto muddy parking fields/CL's to my suprize they worked well there also.
    As we spend 99.9999999% of our motorhoming on dry roads we always buy this tyre.

• Like Like x 1
  5. emmitdb

emmitdb Funster

According to my handout the tyres you've been offered should be 10ply tyres.
    At that ply rating each of the tyres have a load rating of 1315Kgs.
    What outfit are they going on?

• Like Like x 1
  6. PP Bear

PP Bear Funster Life Member

Had the Michelin Agilis on when I brought the van and refitted with the same :)

Great tyre and absolutely no problems what so ever :)

Horses for courses, if you're happy to spend the cash, go ahead as you wouldn't regret it :)

Let us know the outcome.

• Like Like x 1
  7. TeeMyob

TeeMyob Funster

I run 2 Sprinters on Michelin Agilis Alpin, the last motorhome had the same.

They are superb tyres, the Traveliner we run on 235/65/R16C 8 ply and the Motorhome 235/65/R16C 10 ply. The traveliner has done 50,000 miles on them and are being changed due to age and I prefer them above the legal limit.

Swear by them!

TM

• Like Like x 3
  8. Speve

Speve Funster

Micheline Agilis great tyres

• Like Like x 3
  9. Millibobs

Millibobs Funster

Thanks to everyone's help and advice. Will probably order the two agilis tyes tomorrow for fitting next week. Will do an update afterwards. Cheers
    David in Sax, in the mountains above Alicante.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Zepp

Zepp Funster

Another vote for Micheline Agilis here

• Like Like x 2
  11. Derbyshire wanderer

Derbyshire wanderer Funster Life Member

Michelin vote here. Never have heard a complaint about Michelin apart from the cost. Top quality - you get what you pay for.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Millibobs

Millibobs Funster

Hola guys
    Have just got back from euromaster after ordering Michelin's for fitting Monday. Need to take the cover off bus; Normally don't use her in July and August over here . Very hot !:bear:

13. 2bob

2bob Funster

seen the post above hope ill be ok

thats me done now 4 new tyres hankool 10ply 215/75/16
    the ones on there were not the right rating which i did not know its only when they check my spare that i was inform .it all came about when i went in for a price £58 he sayes i say cheap should be ab£100 but when i took the m/h in they check my tyres and they were not the right one for my van sundance 630l somethink to do with numbers on side wall 113 111 my original were 215/75/16
    i think it was to do with load

14. Millibobs

Millibobs Funster

I bought 4 Hankook 4 years ago and 2 have since burst or ballooned. I had 2 michelin agilis fitted last week but the front 2 are hankook Bit worried until I can afford 2 more Michelin. The Michelin do however appear more firmer. Ie harder ride

15. 2bob

2bob Funster

oh MILLIBOBS thx

16. Millibobs

Millibobs Funster

Sorry , my amigo with a Hyundi. Swears by hankook and they have been great on my kia sportage !