Tyn Cornel Caravan & Camping Site - Bala

Discussion in 'UK Touring' started by journeyman, Jun 15, 2013.

1. journeyman

journeyman Read Only Funster

[​IMG]

Having a weekend at a nearby bolt hole. A couple of miles outside of Bala, staying at Tyn Cornel a decent sized, well equipped campsite opposite the National White Water Centre Wales. We watched the Welsh Kayaking/Canoe team train this morning, interesting to observe, it looks like hard work! One of the attached pics shows a young lad trying to canoe uphill!!!
    We also walked up to the reservoir at Llyn Celyn. Great views, but very windy.

The campsite is well managed by the friendly couple who own it. Its clearly their pride and joy. The site has a good sized dog run, immaculate shower blocks and also has drive on disposal facilities for motorhomes. Amazingly, no analogue or digital signal(even van radio won't pick up), but my 3 signal is top notch so i'm actually using the phone to stream Radio 2(Finally getting my monies worth on the "All you can eat" plan).

Really enjoying our stay.

Jmn

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 15, 2013
    • Like Like x 3
  2. bigfoot

bigfoot Funster

Nice site for the white water but a bit too sterile a layout.
    This is one of my favourites http://www.bwch-yn-uchaf.co.uk/ Near to the Lake Railway and only a 10 minute walk from the Eagle pub/restaurant (book for this very popular)
    Site has hook ups and some pitches permit campfires.

• Like Like x 1
  3. journeyman

Agree about the layout. We prefer to stay on basic CL's, but not a lot on offer in the Bala area unfortunately. Still a useful bolt hole, especially out of season.

4. golly

golly Funster

If you are going into Bala for Sunday lunch, I can recommend the Plas CocH pub, we were there earlier in the year and its proper home cooked food. Get there early though as a lot of local people use it , always a good sign :thumb:
    Enjoy. John

• Like Like x 1
  5. 1_man_and_his_dob(lo)

1_man_and_his_dob(lo) Funster

Note to self: check the prices before hitting the "Thanks" button :Eeek: :Laughing:

I'd better pick someone up along the way, and cram them into the campervan, to get my money's worth! :BigGrin: I'm guessing they don't get many solo visitors.

6. journeyman

We treat ourselves occasionally :) This was actually a visit we paid for back in March when we first got the van and were still learning the ropes, but it got postponed because of Snowmaggedon. I do wonder at the costs and business sense though, especially as CL's are normally about £15 max. This site is actually very quiet at the moment, I think they would be better off dropping the prices out of season and getting bums on seats. Similar to Trawsdir at Barmouth

• Like Like x 1