Two questions, rear camera and stereo connections. (1 Viewer)

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Im in the process of changing a dodgy rear view camera to a twin setup and need to pick up a feed to bring on the low view camera when in reverse. Can anyone tell me which wire and where on my Fiat Ducatto (06 plate) I can pick it up please?

As I recently bought an all singing all dancing Pioneer Stereo I want to put it in the hab area and run two speakers from it. Which out of the bunch of wires is the rear left and right feed please? The cab stereo isn't Bluetooth to iPads but does have a ten cd changer so leaving it where it is.

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
If your wiring it in as a separate unit, you can use front speaker wiring from the new radio to your speakers and then you wont have to mess with fade and balance etc to get good sound.
But you know better what you want so here are the

S p e a k e r s
standard aftermarket colours

Right Front (+)Gray
Right Front (-)Gray/Black

Left Front (+)Green
Left Front (-)Green/Black

Right Rear (+)Gray/Red
Right Rear (-)Black/Gray

Left Rear (+)Green/Red
Left Rear (-)Black/Green
G

OP
OP
Badknee

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
If your wiring it in as a separate unit, you can use front speaker wiring from the new radio to your speakers and then you wont have to mess with fade and balance etc to get good sound.
But you know better what you want so here are the

S p e a k e r s
standard aftermarket colours

Right Front (+)Gray
Right Front (-)Gray/Black

Left Front (+)Green
Left Front (-)Green/Black

Right Rear (+)Gray/Red
Right Rear (-)Black/Gray

Left Rear (+)Green/Red
Left Rear (-)Black/Green
G
Thanks that's great, old/new stereo with its own speakers going in the hab area. Just two quite far back to give what I hope will be a better sound.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
Can you not connect it to the reversing light feed?

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
As Alan says easier to run the reverse switch lead straight to the one of the reversing lamps. It is not worth the bother of trying to find the right connection in the fusebox as Fiat wiring colours vary.

Barry72

Free Member
Jun 20, 2016
Perthshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I'm a newbie
Or you could fit a switch box, just fitted a dual camera to our van, had such a faff getting the head unit to display a picture I couldn't be bothered with any more wiring or extra work. Both feeds into the switch box and output to head unit then a tap on the switch to flick between cameras.

Barry.

OP
OP
Badknee

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Yes Barry I could do that but @dave newell lvs fitted my previous one and when I engaged reverse the camera changed.

countryman

Free Member
Apr 4, 2014
suffolk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Hi badknee, Had a pioneer CD Radio fitted last week by Simon Wallis (davewalliscaraudio.co.uk) did excellent job,fitted a small switch to isolate power when not in use,it seems that Pioneer are the only ones that they do this on, as when the radio is of it still draws current,so if left in storage or just not being used,drains the battery,if you give them a ring they will explain,they do a lot of work on motorhomes,hope this helps.Simon wallis(07525 729568).

OP
OP
Badknee

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Thanks for that @countryman this is a refit as I took it out of our Wentworth before we px'd it. The Hobby fitted stereo though good with cd changer etc. etc. doesn't have Bluetooth. On the Pioneer we can play music from our iPads which have a massive collection of music on them.
In the Wentworth I wired it up to be "live" all the time rather than ignition fed but it was lit up 27/7 so as you have suggested I have put a switch inline to turn the display on and off. ;)

Work in progress.

image.jpeg

maxi77

Free Member
Mar 20, 2013
Kingdom of Fife
Funster No
MH
coacbuilt
Exp
I have a dealer fitted twin camera system and it has auto reverse select on one camera, but there are times when you need the long back view rather than the close one and with auto switching there is no manual overide so I now have a third camera.

SUGGY

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 23, 2011
scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
put direct feed to the camera unit so you can switch the rear camera on even when parked up to see what is going on behind you ,ie use the camera anytime .
i have a high level camera and a number plate camera ,

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back