Two Keys, (in this case) are NOT better than one. (1 Viewer)

Moodybrook

Free Member
Jul 7, 2013
Wet and cold place outside of M25
Funster No
MH
4 wheels and a pointy end
Exp
still in nappies
Hmmm! the lunatics are up and about early this morning, has nursy left the padded cell door open, What was the original post about anyway ??
Tootles haven't you seen the film "Backdraught" could put a whole new meaning to your heartburn :whistle::whistle:

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
Hmmm! the lunatics are up and about early this morning, has nursy left the padded cell door open, What was the original post about anyway ??
Tootles haven't you seen the film "Backdraught" could put a whole new meaning to your heartburn :whistle::whistle:

were not lunatics, were alien abDUCKties, and we have the foil to prove it............

Oct 29, 2012
essex
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9090df
Exp
20 years (unless you count my dads VW which makes it 52 years with a few gaps!!)
It's certainly a good idea to line your hat with tin foil as this prevents Aliens from taking over your brain and making you do strange things.

It works for me.

:cooler:

it obviously doesn't work very well as your avatar shows :LOL:

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011

Seriously..........

After reading the OP I wondered if having 2 keys from different vehicles could be causing an intermittent problem with the Engine Management Light on my Jag (1o years old!)

As well as the Jag I have a Citroen Gran Picasso up for sale and carry both keys with me, sometimes on the keyring, sometimes the Picasso key in the pocket or glove box.

The EML light has been for about a week - both keys on the keyring

After reading the OP I took the Picasso key off the keyring this morning and started the Jag - no EML light !

Coincidence ?

:(

Last edited:

Moodybrook

Free Member
Jul 7, 2013
Funster No
MH
Exp
still in nappies
You just want my body .....again......:Eeek:

I nearly pressed the like key .... then I thought about it ..... and really I don't wish to get involved, even as a third party from a distance. It may be assumed as aiding and abetting or condoning or some legal version of guilty by association. No I will keep my finger out of that pie and anything else you may imagine. What you do behind doors is ......:imoutahere:

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
I nearly pressed the like key .... then I thought about it ..... and really I don't wish to get involved, even as a third party from a distance. It may be assumed as aiding and abetting or condoning or some legal version of guilty by association. No I will keep my finger out of that pie and anything else you may imagine. What you do behind doors is ......:imoutahere:
I'm really pleased to hear that I wont wake up one sweet morning to find your finger in my pie....:)(y);)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Emmit

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Just to drag this thread back to the original post (Cheeky of me I know)
Re: me visiting the garage.
The wastegate on the Turbo was seized and the 2.8 Fiat lump suffered from the "Engine management warning light" coming on at 2800 in 4th gear when pulling up an incline. Something that has been discussed on here before.

Since my mechanic freed the wastegate, the light has only come on once, and that only momentarily since. This fault may be cured.

For the record our 'van laid idle for most of last year as unfortunately the previous owner became seriously ill and then died. It had only done 17000 miles in the 6+ years of its life and the seized wastegate was probably a result of this non use and one of the symptom sof the 'warning light' problem

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Yep, that was predictable, thought I had covered my behind but obviously not well enough, tinfoil didn't help :unsure: ;)
May I suggest a full metal jacket pie tray??
Even idiots such as myself find them impenetrable, in a literary sense, that is. (y)

Moodybrook

Free Member
Jul 7, 2013
Funster No
MH
Exp
still in nappies
We are not going to go down the Fray Bentos route are we, NO !

Emmitt I am pleased you got your waste fiddled with and your light has distinguished itself, my baby had a similar history but she is fully functioning now. Roll on retirement, well, making the decision when, that is. It is long overdue. (y)

Last edited:

mariner

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2013
Isle of Dogs, but mostly Artola Spain.
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Since 2007. But no more.
Just to drag this thread back to the original post (Cheeky of me I know)
Re: me visiting the garage.
The wastegate on the Turbo was seized and the 2.8 Fiat lump suffered from the "Engine management warning light" coming on at 2800 in 4th gear when pulling up an incline. Something that has been discussed on here before.

Since my mechanic freed the wastegate, the light has only come on once, and that only momentarily since. This fault may be cured.

For the record our 'van laid idle for most of last year as unfortunately the previous owner became seriously ill and then died. It had only done 17000 miles in the 6+ years of its life and the seized wastegate was probably a result of this non use and one of the symptom sof the 'warning light' problem

Well thanks for the attempt to put this thread back on track!

Didn't work though did it?

:cooler:

OP
OP
Emmit

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Got more chance of joining Cornwall back to England!!!
I only put the second comment on to report on the reasoning behind visiting the garage and the outcome.
I thought??? that someone on here would find the result of use.
Back to combustable gas extrusions.

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
I wear a magnetic bracelet on my right wrist-I have to remove it when using my Dell laptop or it crashes,screen goes black,but returns to normal when I move my hand from keyboard.

Mike
Most laptops sense lid closure using a reed switch in the base & a magnet in the lid / screen. Your bracelet makes it think you are closing the lid.

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
You can always attach your keys to a 'Prince Albert' body piercing ring, ensuring that you will never again be in a position to misplace them.....:)(y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back