Two Keys, (in this case) are NOT better than one.

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by emmitdb, Oct 16, 2014.

1. emmitdb

emmitdb Funster

Greetings All,

Apologies at the outset for the length of this post

I struggled to decide where to put this. It could go in tips but it's really a low level warning.

Last week I went to 'my' garage to have him wiggle my wastegate,:eek: Ooh!! er!!! missus.

Got there OK but on trying to get the 'van to start when I was there, would it heck.
    Scratching head I had a look and saw that on the instrument panel there was a lit symbol indicating the ignition was locked, therefore the 'van wasn't recognizing the key and was assuming I was a person with theft on my mind.

More head scratching and I realised that in my pocket, I had the house keys to which was attached the household car key. Now, our car is a 12 yr old Audi so it's hardly in the bracket, all techie, singing and dancing but, just in case, I got out of 'van and placed the bunch of house keys 10 yds away. Went back to 'van and it started first time (after locking and unlocking it.) The same thing happened when I was leaving the garage. I removed the car key from the 'van and everything started again.

The only thing I can assume is that the two keys, Audi and Fiat were having a fight as to who should be in charge and the Fiat took his ball home and wouldn't play.

Having said all this, we've had both keys close together on loads of occasions but I would hate for something so simple to cause probs for the members on here who may be miles from home.

• Like Like x 8
  2. chaser

chaser Funster

Not related to keys, but been out in my old ldv pickup to day, 52 reg , on looking at the digital odo meter it kept flashing and going off altogether , not particularly worried as it does all sorts of wierd things at times but when I got home and sat looking at it I picked my phone up off the dash in front of the speedo and low and behold , odo comes on solid again and every time I moved the phone near it , it went off again, you just don't know what all these various electrical signals are messing with do you.

• Like Like x 5
  3. Al-Di

Al-Di Funster

your brain:(

• Like Like x 2
  4. Geordies

Geordies Funster

To prevent electronic interaction as illustrated above it helps if you wear at all times a hat made out of tinfoil. Somehow it seems to make the electronic world a calmer place. Give it a go !!

• Like Like x 8
  5. Forester

Forester Funster

The hat thing is a p*ss take what you need to do is to put several thicknesses of silver paper in you shoes (all of your shoes) this will resolve all sorts of interferance problems :)

• Like Like x 2
  6. mariner

mariner Funster Life Member

It's certainly a good idea to line your hat with tin foil as this prevents Aliens from taking over your brain and making you do strange things.

It works for me.

I used to be forever looking at Motorhomes and then getting another one every two years or so, when the one I already had was perfectly adequate.

Now I have the tin foil, I am normal and buy caravans of which I have just two at the moment.

:cooler:

• Like Like x 3
  7. Badknee

Badknee Funster

Mrs Badknee showed me a vid on FB. Four mobile phones pointing in together and in the middle was some corn sat there minding it's own business with the four phones pointing at it. All the phones were rang and the corn " popped".
    I kid you not it shot up in the air and when it landed it was popcorn!

8. DuxDeluxe

DuxDeluxe Funster Life Member

Ok, that stops you doing strange things but how do you stop them probing? :eek:Tin foil isn't much protection, then, is it?;)

• Like Like x 3
  9. MikeandCarolyn

MikeandCarolyn Read Only Funster

I wear a magnetic bracelet on my right wrist-I have to remove it when using my Dell laptop or it crashes,screen goes black,but returns to normal when I move my hand from keyboard.

Mike

10. Moodybrook

Moodybrook Funster

Now you are taking the p... everyone knows it is set of tinfoil underpants with three foot tail which fits down the inside of your trousers and earths in your shoes or for ladies goes up and attaches to the wire in their bra, left cup I believe (nearest the dears' heart). :love:

For best results a little spillage(use your imagination) enhances the effect (men only).:whistle::whistle::whistle:

• Like Like x 2
  11. chaser

chaser Funster

Is this the new novel;)

• Like Like x 2
  12. mariner

Well spotted.

That's why I act normally, it confuses them.

• Like Like x 2
  13. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

But surely you need cling film as well to help you not to cling on to things like football clubs :LOL::LOL:

14. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

Cardboard knickers.

• Like Like x 1
  15. mariner

That's just silly.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Tootles

Tootles Funster

I have sometimes found, (by experimentation), that if you remove ALL your clothes, (for safety reasons only, I assure you), lie down, and flip a zippo lighter as you break wind, a large flame emits, just for a very brief period, but enough to de-frost your windscreen on a cold morning......In an emergency, of coarse. (y)(y)

17. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

Of course it is. What else do you expect this time of night? :D

18. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

I'm sorry but I believe this claim requires independent verification - and where are we going to find a volunteer to be in the same county country as Tootles sans clothes?

• Like Like x 2
  19. Moodybrook

Moodybrook Funster

Cardboard is not a proven technology, don't put your reputation at risk, save the embarrassment of damp patches proving your closet incontinence. :LOL:

• Like Like x 2
  20. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

Maybe cling film is also called for in that case as well then :LOL: