Two Go to Spain - now Unlimited! (1 Viewer)

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Some of you wonderful Funsters have been kind enough to buy a copy of my little book. Well, it is now free, or to be more exact I have now put it on the Kindle Unlimited (KU) scheme which for a monthly fee allows subscribers to download books for free.
I didn't originally put the book on KU as Amazon demand exclusive rights and I wanted to give iTunes a try. Unfortunately, 99% of sales have come through Amazon so I've dumped iTunes for a while and will see how we get on with KU.
So, free books anyone?
I hope Jim won't mind me sending out this but of spam but as the book wouldn't have been written without the help I received from this forum I can't think of a better advert for the forum. :)
The link below should take you to the book.

Hellski

Free Member
Mar 28, 2016
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto 76 LE
Exp
Fantastic, read the sample a couple of weeks ago and enjoyed it so added to wish list. Now download via KU, thank you @john Laidler(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 21, 2016
Pyrenees France
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact Access
Exp
Since 2017
Read a few pages of the preview, very interesting.
So just downloaded a copy from Amazon, not on KU, so paid the small fee.
Off to Spain in a couple of weeks, our first trip in Europe in a Motorhome, or Camping Car / Fourgon as it's called in France. So will be a good read during our travels in Spain.
Have visited Spain many times, mainly on motorcycle, so it should be very different in a MH.

OP
OP
DBK

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
How are sales doing? I see it's at no. 40 in Top 100 Kindle books :).
I don't think it is that high. :) Kindle has lots of different categories but as an example it has been fairly reliably in the top 20 in the "Spain travel guides" category here in the UK: www.amazon.co.uk/gp/bestsellers/books/279769/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_b_1_5_last
It only sells single figures a day with the odd short lived blip into double figures occasionally but that is a lot more than I expected, though it still only amounts to a pint or two of beer a day in cash terms. :) I won't be buying a new MH out of it but if I save up for a while we might be able to afford a few cushions. :)

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Rising up the rankings :)

Screenshot_2017-01-19-07-16-36.png

Nov 9, 2015
North Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer MC-I B 580
Exp
Since 2005
Yep, another buyer here (not KU). I was looking for something to read whilst away for few days without MH.

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Some of you wonderful Funsters have been kind enough to buy a copy of my little book. Well, it is now free, or to be more exact I have now put it on the Kindle Unlimited (KU) scheme which for a monthly fee allows subscribers to download books for free.
I didn't originally put the book on KU as Amazon demand exclusive rights and I wanted to give iTunes a try. Unfortunately, 99% of sales have come through Amazon so I've dumped iTunes for a while and will see how we get on with KU.
So, free books anyone?
I hope Jim won't mind me sending out this but of spam but as the book wouldn't have been written without the help I received from this forum I can't think of a better advert for the forum. :)
none of that spam stuff on her DBK :spam::rofl: all joking aside ther in doors has down lode it to her kindal thingy looking forwar to the read of it
bill
So, free books anyone?

dshague

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
VAN CONVERSION
Exp
20 years
good reed as i said on facebook john .

Oct 2, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 866f
Exp
Since 2014
When is Two Go to Italy? Published?
Enjoyed the Spain book and looking forward to the sequel.

OP
OP
DBK

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
When is Two Go to Italy? Published?
Enjoyed the Spain book and looking forward to the sequel.
Good question, the plan was to publish it at the beginning of April but it will be late summer now. This is mainly because I now want to include our trip to Sicily in it, which we will be departing on in April, returning early July. A second reason is all writing is on hold because I have become a full time house husband while Mrs DBK is still hobbling round in plaster. :)
I'm just taking a break at the moment with a cup of tea then I've got the ironing to do. :(

OP
OP
DBK

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Ironing now done and a night off from cooking supper. We went through the freezer and found several one person ready meals which added to last night's left over moussaka made an easy meal. The moussaka I did make myself last night and it was yummy, I had forgotten how tasty it can be. Must do that again soon. :)
Roast chicken tomorrow for supper and our weekly Sunday morning fry up for breakfast.

laird of Dunstan

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 15, 2015
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9000DFH
Exp
ex caravanner
ive downloaded it john ,guess you will be able to have a pint on the forum tonight(y)

Ber090

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 12, 2012
West Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick
Exp
Since 2012
Just bought a copy. Leave for Spain on Wednesday!
Cheers
Bernie

Oct 11, 2016
Bognor Regis
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 69-4
Exp
6 years
On a similar theme;

When my son finished university he and my Son in Law published a book: "Dear Entrepreneur". It hasn't made them a fortune but it has worked very well on their CV's.
It has now been translated and published in Korea!

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Ordered my proper book yesterday , saving it for holiday!

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
Just ordered for my Kindle.
Off to Portugal and Spain in a couple of weeks so will look forward to reading it.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back