Rally Twin Lakes, France meet - May 1st - May 22nd 2015 (2 Viewers)

OP
OP
JaG

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
Please add us to the interested list. Never been abroad with the motorhome so it would be nice to start off with experienced folk. :smiley:
You will certainly be in safe hands with so many experienced Funsters about. When you have been once you will be planning your next trip before your return. I shall add you to the list when I next update it.
Nice to see you the weekend at Ashover Vintage Festival of Light

JayDee

Free Member
Oct 7, 2007
N. Devon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years after 5 years with caravan.
I see that significant dates are being added to the potential attendees list. Pat's Birthday is 15th. May (if you want to add it :Smile:). What is it about May?

John (& Pat)

Reactions: JaG

themogs

Free Member
Oct 23, 2012
Wales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Not Long Enough.
Hi Jean & Graham:):)
It's our 46th Anniversary on 24th May;);)
Are we allowed to bring it forward ?? so we can celebrate with a pile of Funsters on, say........18th ????.......pleeeeeeease:whistle::whistle:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
JaG

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
Hi Jean & Graham:):)
It's our 46th Anniversary on 24th May;);)
Are we allowed to bring it forward ?? so we can celebrate with a pile of Funsters on, say........18th ????.......pleeeeeeease:whistle::whistle:
But of course. Sounds like a fab idea. I shall add to the list accordingly

themogs

Free Member
Oct 23, 2012
Wales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Not Long Enough.
It'll be one hell of a Meet:cheers:.....an occasion every other night:france::france:

Andy and Chris

Free Member
Oct 15, 2014
France
Funster No
MH
Compass drifter peugeot
Exp
Since 2010
would love to join you all if that's ok

OP
OP
JaG

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
Andy and Chris
tremybach
Both noted. Will add you to the list when I next update it.

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
We should be somewhere close by around that time and would like to join you all
for a few days please.:france:

Our birthdays will be long gone but quite happy to help celebrate with others!:wine::party2:

OP
OP
JaG

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
If possible can me and the other half come? 25th anniversary on 10th. Will be our first time abroad in the motor home
We would love you to join us. You will not be disappointed with the venue....or the company as there are some great Funsters enroute. Will add to list when I update it.

OP
OP
JaG

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
We should be somewhere close by around that time and would like to join you all
for a few days please.:france:

Our birthdays will be long gone but quite happy to help celebrate with others!:wine::party2:
You are welcome. Just pretend you forgot the date and have another birthday :birthday:. Will add to list when I update.

Mar 21, 2009
Harwich, Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
4 years
Not sure if we will be a definite as we are going away with 12 friends to celebrate my 60th in May (birthday not till June) but if we can be there it would be great to join you so put us on the 'interested list' please.
Jacky

kat_lewis

Free Member
May 25, 2013
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since a nipper but only got back into it seriously recently when we inherited my mum's van
Hi, could you put us on the interested list :)

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Defintely Teddybard as Pete and I would like to add our interest to the growing list!

So please add Sedge and Trophychap aka Jenny & Pete. Not sure how long or exactly what dates, or even if definite until we know what's going on in our real lives what with our own and family stuff until nearer the time.

Cheap wine? can always be had wherever you are but if you want to know what's decent to drink and that you should buy, wherever you may be in Europe, you linger 'aimlessly' around the vino aisles in a local supermarket and just see what the locals are buying plenty of ! Follow suit.

PS Can we just buy one card? LOL

ColinandDawn

Free Member
Feb 20, 2012
England
Funster No
MH
Home Brew
Exp
Yes
Hello,

Would you add us too please.

Many thanks,

Colin and Dawn

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Hi, we are slightly overbooked for this, so unfortunately can't attend

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
Defintely Teddybard as Pete and I would like to add our interest to the growing list!

So please add Sedge and Trophychap aka Jenny & Pete. Not sure how long or exactly what dates, or even if definite until we know what's going on in our real lives what with our own and family stuff until nearer the time.

Cheap wine? can always be had wherever you are but if you want to know what's decent to drink and that you should buy, wherever you may be in Europe, you linger 'aimlessly' around the vino aisles in a local supermarket and just see what the locals are buying plenty of ! Follow suit.

PS Can we just buy one card? LOL

Jenny I hope our coming dates will match as I would like to meet you!

Of course ... you might not feel the same way:p... and I might be a small person, still I'm a big girl and can understand;)

Frankie:)

Jimbo99

Free Member
Oct 1, 2014
Oxfordshire
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Jean & myself have arranged a meet at Twin Lakes, France (www.twinlakesfrance.com) between 1st May and 22nd May 2015. Anyone who wants to join us is more than welcome. As it is a Meet and not a Rally you are invited to join us at any point during the three week period and enjoy the reduced rate for a pitch. Primarily we are there to celebrate Jean’s 70th birthday, which is on 5th May 2015. There will some sort of ‘do’ on that day, a Pig Roast or something similar.

Pitch prices are 11E per night without EHU and 14E with EHU, which are obviously limited. This is a worthwhile saving on the normal pitch fee. At this point it is ‘an expression of interest’ however, it will be up to you to contact Twin Lakes to book your pitch prior to the period stated above. Make sure you quote ‘JaG’s Meet’ and quote you are MotorhomeFun when booking. Dates outside this period will be as per normal rates for the site, or a price you negotiate with Garry & Jan.
If you think you may go please let us know so we can give them some idea of anticipated numbers attending.

A bit about Twin Lakes and getting there.
Twin Lakes Caravan Park is a picturesque site set in the region of Charente-Maritime, France, which is rich in culture, gastronomy and with the most wonderful sights.
It is 820km (509 miles) from Calais via Paris or 829km (515 miles) via Rouen. We did work out a route for caravan avoiding all tolls and it is 484 miles of which 255 miles are on Motorways. Time estimated was 12 hours. This was done on Michelin Route Planner. You will obviously have your own preferred route. We did the Paris route using Tolls last year and it proved expensive on Tolls and Paris was busy around the Ring Road.

English family owned they cater for those seeking a quiet and restful holiday in rural France away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life. At Twin Lakes, customers are treated as individuals, knowing that everyone expects something special from their family holiday in France. Their aim is to offer choice and flexibility making your French holiday a memorable one.
Guests will exchange the traffic jams for the French countryside, the crowded pavements for a coastal path, the urban stress for the great outdoors, and a holiday in Charente-Maritime, France is the perfect antidote for de-stressing from modern day life. Sit back, relax, and enjoy. Rural France is so fabulous to explore, or just be here and relax any time of year. The one thing you are sure of is the warm and friendly welcome. The hardest thing you will have to do here is…..leaving when it is time to go home.

The sites facilities
• Bar serving a selection of both Continental and English beers, local wine, hot and cold drinks
• Snack bar serving light snacks and evening meals
• Electrical hook ups
• Reception area with information leaflets
• Beautiful field available for Rallies
• Disabled toilet with W.C. Shower & Wash Basin
• Swimming and Paddling Pool
• Pool Table
• Sky TV in lounge area
• Pot washing room
• Calor Gas
• Disposal points
• Fishing on site - free for Residents. Note: FISH MUST NOT BE REMOVED FROM THE LAKES.
• Dogs are welcome - however, please keep under proper control at all times.
• Communal barbecue area
• Barbecues are allowed using a portable or disposable barbecue (disposables available from the shop). Please keep off the ground when lit. Camp fires are not allowed on any part of the site.
• Picnic Tables
• Water Points
• Children's playground and sports field
Locally you will see the immediate area has everything you could want while staying there.

Local Google Map
https://www.google.com/maps/ms?msa=...spn=0.217088,0.500372&source=embed&dg=feature

Places to visit: Blaye with it’s big market and Citadel, Bordeaux, Bourg, Cognac, Montendre with it’s Night Market during the summer months, Royan, Saintes

SeeUKCampsites Reviews here:

Jimbost

Free Member
Aug 12, 2014
Rochester Kent
Funster No
MH
Looking for an RV
Exp
MH Since 2011 Caravaning since 1978
We would love to attend as it would be our first meet in France. Would probably attend the last week as we are travelling to Brittany for the last week in may.

Jim and Kim plus 'Syd' our Chocolate Labrador

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back