Rally Twin Lakes - France Meet 2017 (1 Viewer)

Oct 1, 2014
Funster No
ok thanks for that Roy We may see you there, it looks a nice spot. We haven't booked out crossing yet so not sure when we will arrive Dave

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Reactions: JaG

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
ok thanks for that Roy We may see you there, it looks a nice spot. We haven't booked out crossing yet so not sure when we will arrive Dave
Lovely town and supermarket and fuel opposite. . .I am crossing via ferry to le Havre 31st August. So nice couple of easy hours drive to Sees. For two nights ..then am moving slowly South. . Roy

Wildge

Free Member
Jul 24, 2013
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
Coach built.
Exp
since 2000
Lovely town and supermarket and fuel opposite. . .I am crossing via ferry to le Havre 31st August. So nice couple of easy hours drive to Sees. For two nights ..then am moving slowly South. . Roy
We might :rolleyes: make it for then Roy, doesn't help having to stop every 3hrs.:D

OP
OP
JaG

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
Will be at Sees municipal campsite om 1st Sept then slowly travelling down to twin lakes if anyone is around at that time it would be good to share a bottle somewhere nice on route . Roy
We are at Sees the night before you as we need to be at Twin Lakes by the 1st to get everything ready for the rally and have a bit of time to ourselves.

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
We are at Sees the night before you as we need to be at Twin Lakes by the 1st to get everything ready for the rally and have a bit of time to ourselves.
Nevermind you can have the pleasure of my esteemed company at twin lakes.lol ..have a bit of a rest before all hell breaks out on the 6th. Haha

OP
OP
JaG

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
Nevermind you can have the pleasure of my esteemed company at twin lakes.lol ..have a bit of a rest before all hell breaks out on the 6th. Haha
So, so true there. :france:

Jan 5, 2017
brinklow warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Romahome duo hylo
Exp
since 2016
Hi Graham, I'm hoping you can alter my booking from 6th to 9th to 6th to 20th, is that possible? I'm quite happy to move about and as I have a very small Berlingo car conversion , I'm hoping it won't cause you too much of a problem

OP
OP
JaG

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
Hi Graham, I'm hoping you can alter my booking from 6th to 9th to 6th to 20th, is that possible? I'm quite happy to move about and as I have a very small Berlingo car conversion , I'm hoping it won't cause you too much of a problem
Cause a problem? No such thing. Certainly will change the booking for the full meet and glad to have you on board. :france:

May 19, 2016
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
VW T30 hitop conversion
Exp
Since 2013
Chunnel booked, though I'm not travelling now till early morning on 5th September, so may arrive on 7th, will see how I get on with the drive, I'm staying in France and possibly other areas till early October at least. Looking forward to meeting folks.

OP
OP
JaG

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
Chunnel booked, though I'm not travelling now till early morning on 5th September, so may arrive on 7th, will see how I get on with the drive, I'm staying in France and possibly other areas till early October at least. Looking forward to meeting folks.
There is a very nice municipal site in Sees, which is about half way. We crossed at 0750am and got there around 2.30pm. 13E a night with EHU, Carrefoure fuel station and shop opposite. Lovely town and plenty of good eating places. :france: Have a good trip.

May 19, 2016
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
VW T30 hitop conversion
Exp
Since 2013
There is a very nice municipal site in Sees, which is about half way. We crossed at 0750am and got there around 2.30pm. 13E a night with EHU, Carrefoure fuel station and shop opposite. Lovely town and plenty of good eating places. :france: Have a good trip.
Sounds great, thanks for the info. ☺

Jimbost

Free Member
Aug 12, 2014
Rochester Kent
Funster No
MH
Looking for an RV
Exp
MH Since 2011 Caravaning since 1978
Went on our own 2yrs ago and really enjoyed the area and site. Could we book for the two weeks from the 6th to the 20th please?

Jim and Kim

Jimbost

Free Member
Aug 12, 2014
Rochester Kent
Funster No
MH
Looking for an RV
Exp
No reply or confirmation. Please disregard our request as we are now planning to go into Spain. Will try again next year.
Hope everyone has an enjoyable time.

Jim and Kim

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
No reply or confirmation. Please disregard our request as we are now planning to go into Spain. Will try again next year.

Jim and Kim
@Jimbost. I understand your perceived frustration Jim & Kim, but knowing how regular @JaG, Jean & Graham reply to posts, I am sure that a lack of response to your request to join the rally, is completely unintentional. As I understand it, as long as you are not wanting EHU, then there is plenty of room either in the rally field, or the allocated over spill area.

If you can hang on a little bit longer, I'm sure @JaG will be along shortly to confirm. (y)

Cheers,

Jock (& Rita). :)

Jimbost

Free Member
Aug 12, 2014
Rochester Kent
Funster No
MH
Looking for an RV
Exp
Thank you for your reply. The fact is, we left it very late to sort out this years travel plans and my wife needed to book holidays at work.
We decided to miss the gathering at Twin Lakes and therefore let everyone know as soon as possible. Apologies to all.

Regards Jim and Kim

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Sees sounds great, can anyone suggest a nice route from Honfleur?
I think @tonka Steve, has a decent (non toll) route heading down that way en route to Spain, which can be found in resources. It's definitely worth a look, and one that we will certainly consider. (y)

Cheers,

Jock. :)

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
From honfluer my route would be the easiest .so back over pont de Normandie turn right and follow road to Rouen ..dead easy ..takes less than 2 hours of easy peasy driving. Lol.

OP
OP
JaG

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
Hi Have you a space on the lakeside from the 13th September? with ehu possibly
Sorry, never got notification of your post.
I will have a pitch on the Lakeside field, though not on Lakeside or with EHU, they all went last November. If you let me know I will book you in if you want.
Thanks

OP
OP
JaG

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008

Jim and Kim
Sorry, never got notification of your request, just came across it this morning. If you change your mind and want to come just let me know.

OP
OP
JaG

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
@Jimbost. I understand your perceived frustration Jim & Kim, but knowing how regular @JaG, Jean & Graham reply to posts, I am sure that a lack of response to your request to join the rally, is completely unintentional. As I understand it, as long as you are not wanting EHU, then there is plenty of room either in the rally field, or the allocated over spill area.

If you can hang on a little bit longer, I'm sure @JaG will be along shortly to confirm. (y)

Cheers,

Jock (& Rita). :)
It is the notification system oftens does not tell me when someone posts. Have to check it manually.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
It is the notification system oftens does not tell me when someone posts. Have to check it manually.
Graham, I too rely on notifications for thread posts, however, often I have to reset the facility, which then sees normal service resumed. (y) If you accidentally miss one notification, you won't get another for that thread. :(

HTH,

OP
OP
JaG

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
Graham, I too rely on notifications for thread posts, however, often I have to reset the facility, which then sees normal service resumed. (y) If you accidentally miss one notification, you won't get another for that thread. :(

HTH,

That probably explains it. Sometimes when I get a notification I just log in and look at it instead of clicking the 'View this Thread', whcih explains the no further notifications.
Thanks for that info.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back