Rally Twin Lakes - France Meet 2017 (2 Viewers)

Kevan

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 18, 2014
Kent and south west France
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
30 years caravan/motorhome
Still haven't booked yet, We don't know when:france:, We don't know where,:france: But we will meet again some sunny day,:france: must stop breaking into song when i think of Twin lakes.:giggler:

Wildge

Free Member
Jul 24, 2013
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
Coach built.
Exp
since 2000
Still haven't booked yet, We don't know when:france:, We don't know where,:france: But we will meet again some sunny day,:france: must stop breaking into song when i think of Twin lakes.:giggler:

So long as you have plenty of bait ....they DO like it up em :D2

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Wildge

Free Member
Jul 24, 2013
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
Coach built.
Exp
since 2000
Sorry to hear that Jock . Know the feeling :eek: Just spent weeks battling with insurance quotes...anything from £600-950 single trip :(

Reactions: JaG

Wildge

Free Member
Jul 24, 2013
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
Coach built.
Exp
since 2000
Well we settled on 250 all covered. :rolleyes:
It's only money... you never know we could end up with a transplant and then we'll be pleased to cancel :LOL:

Kevan

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 18, 2014
Kent and south west France
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
30 years caravan/motorhome
We are the same but this time it's not me , Julie is now under hospital having tests done. Let's hope you get that transplant mate , and we see you soon.

PAT N PAUL

Free Member
Feb 13, 2015
retford nottinghamshire
Funster No
MH
fiat ducato MWB selfbuild
Exp
1 year
hi, its going to be our first time abroad in the van, any tips on booking ferry/tunnel, book early or leave it till later. will also be taking the scooter on my easy hyrda trail, do I say its a trailer or just declare the length in total.
ideas please
landyman , (Paul n pat)

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
@landyman, according to the shuttle web info the best price is available to those that book early - not sure how accurate this is though! Having said that I have booked the tunnel for the Sunday morning prior to the rally, as like you it is my first time. Can't comment on the ferries as I'm a crap sailor so not considered!

OP
OP
JaG

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
We are going by the tunnel purely because we have Tesco 3 for 1 vouchers. The price of the tunnel changes a lot, I think it is more down to supply and demand. We book around now just to make sure we get on the one we want. We also looked at the Newhaven Dieppe route, which was about £50 cheaper and 100 miles nearer. Take in the 5 hours crossing time and the time to get from calais to Dieppe and there is not much difference. Swings and roundabouts really. We always go vis Rouen and don't use the toll roads now as the N10 is superb and takes very little longer time, plus nicer scenery and nice places to stop off. The cost of the toll to Twin Lakes is around £80 if I remember rightly. For first time abroad I would say use the motorway and stay, as a suggestion, at the Municipal Site at Sees, which is about half way roughly.

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
Yep sees is great stop off .nice town and a supermarket and fuel station right opposite. Roy

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
Thanks @JaG and @Khizzie, all good info for us first timers!!!

We have given ourselves 3 days to get from Calais so hope to see some nice places en route.

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
Thanks @JaG and @Khizzie, all good info for us first timers!!!

We have given ourselves 3 days to get from Calais so hope to see some nice places en route.
Hope you enjoy the very easy drive. I am crossing by ferry to le Havre and will take five lazy days through the Brest peninsula and Loire valley. .. May even see you somewhere on route. Roy.

Wildge

Free Member
Jul 24, 2013
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
Coach built.
Exp
since 2000
Hope you enjoy the very easy drive. I am crossing by ferry to le Havre and will take five lazy days through the Brest peninsula and Loire valley. .. May even see you somewhere on route. Roy.
Roy ....did you stay at Sees aire last year or the municipal?
Thanks Jude

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
Thanks Jude
At the municipal .. And also the aire on a separate trip. Prefer the municipal for toilets and showers and ehu .. The municipal and aire are opposite each other..Roy

OP
OP
JaG

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
Thanks Jude
He must have e stayed on the municipal as I did cos the supermarket is right opposite. Lovely restaurants in the town which is a five minute walk away.

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
Yo
He must have e stayed on the municipal as I did cos the supermarket is right opposite. Lovely restaurants in the town which is a five minute walk away.
U worry me @JaG with your powers of deduction.lol.

Oct 25, 2015
Devizes
Funster No
MH
Bailey 79-4t
Exp
Since 2016
Help if you would please...
This will be our first trip abroad in our M/H and are proposing to travel 4th-17th.
We live in central Wiltshire and it looks like Poole is preferable with Portsmouth 2nd choice. Doesn't seem sense to make the 150 miles drive to the Tunnel and then the 'extra' mileage from Calais.
Getting a price of about 430 pounds quoted for return trip which includes 'reserved' seating on ferry. This is from Poole to Cherbourg.
Is this the sort of money we can expect to pay or is there some sort of back door price available?

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
Help if you would please...
This will be our first trip abroad in our M/H and are proposing to travel 4th-17th.
We live in central Wiltshire and it looks like Poole is preferable with Portsmouth 2nd choice. Doesn't seem sense to make the 150 miles drive to the Tunnel and then the 'extra' mileage from Calais.
Getting a price of about 430 pounds quoted for return trip which includes 'reserved' seating on ferry. This is from Poole to Cherbourg.
Is this the sort of money we can expect to pay or is there some sort of back door price available?
Portsmouth to le Havre. £298 with cabin both ways ..if you pm me I have a code for Brittany ferries to get you 10% discount. Roy.

OP
OP
JaG

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
Newhaven to Dieppe is another option from where you are. Four hour crossing leaving at 9am and arriving 2.00pm. Costs as below.
SPEC_003.jpg

Oct 25, 2015
Devizes
Funster No
MH
Bailey 79-4t
Exp
Since 2016
Very helpful guys. Will be settling on the route soon. See you down there. Just got to work out where to put all my fishing gear now!

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
Will be at Sees municipal campsite om 1st Sept then slowly travelling down to twin lakes if anyone is around at that time it would be good to share a bottle somewhere nice on route . Roy

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back