Rally Twin Lakes - France Meet 2017 (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
JaG

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
Hi we are newbies, how do we go about booking for Twin Lakes.
:welc:Booking is easy. Just decide what date you want to come and date to leave. Post on here and that's it. You pay the cost when you leave the site at the end of your stay. Please be aware there are no EHU available, but don't worry, if the need to charge arises we will sort something out.
Our meet is ideal for first timers as you will get to meet Funsters in a chilled out environment with plenty of time to chat to folk. Everyone had the same welcome.
Look forward to hearing from you. :france:

Suecclassic

Free Member
May 20, 2015
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Wilton
Exp
Since 2008
Hi Jean and Graham, are you saying that there is still pitches available? As when I looked they seemed fully booked.
We are definitely interested, however, we do not wish to book and pull out at a later date due to unforeseen circumstances. i.e. Aged Mother-in-Law. We will try and attend a meet/rally in 2017.

Regards

Dave and Sue.

OP
OP
JaG

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
Hi Jean and Graham, are you saying that there is still pitches available? As when I looked they seemed fully booked.
We are definitely interested, however, we do not wish to book and pull out at a later date due to unforeseen circumstances. i.e. Aged Mother-in-Law. We will try and attend a meet/rally in 2017.

Regards

Dave and Sue.
There is plenty of space for you to come...it is a very big rally field. It is just there is no EHU during the rally. It is only the marked EHU that is fully booked.

Jan 31, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
10 years +
Hi JaG. Can you please put me down for the full 2 weeks? I've been thinking about joining you for years, next year I'm going to do it! I don't need EHU.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
JaG

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
In that case please put us down for the 2 weeks. Thankyou.

Dave and Sue.
Consider it done. You will love your time there and are under no obligation if you wished to leave early for any reason, though we hope you don't want to. :cheers:

OP
OP
JaG

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
Hi JaG. Can you please put me down for the full 2 weeks? I've been thinking about joining you for years, next year I'm going to do it! I don't need EHU.
:welc: Consider it done. We hope you enjoy your stay with us. :clap2:

OP
OP
JaG

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
Itinery completed of events.
Special Note: There will be an Auction Night where you can bring along quality items you want to sell (no 'tat' please). You will get 50% for your charity and the Derbyshire, Leicestershire and Rutland Air Ambulance will get 50% of the proceeds. :notworthy2:
Could do with some help with this one. If anyone has experience or is good at doing Auctions please PM me.

Last edited:
OP
OP
JaG

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
Itinery completed of events.
Special Note: There will be an Auction Night where you can bring along quality items you want to sell (no 'tat' please). You will get 90% and the Derbyshire, Leicestershire and Rutland Air Ambulance will get 10% of the proceeds. :notworthy2:
Could do with some help with this one. If anyone has experience or is good at doing Auctions please PM me.
Sorted. Our Auctioneer for the evening :clap2: will be BILL WOOD (New Dawn). Thanks Bill. :notworthy2:

Aug 19, 2013
Wells, Somerset
Funster No
MH
Elddis 115
Exp
since 2004
All these people who plan their trips for next year!! Something we never do. But on this occasion, maybe I had better before it's full. Please could you add us for the first seven days ... or so. We generally find ourselves passing close by that time of year, and we did enjoy our stay this year. Wouldn't mind a spot by the lake again, I guess it's first come first sited? Looking forward to it, even!

Reactions: JaG
OP
OP
JaG

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
All these people who plan their trips for next year!! Something we never do. But on this occasion, maybe I had better before it's full. Please could you add us for the first seven days ... or so. We generally find ourselves passing close by that time of year, and we did enjoy our stay this year. Wouldn't mind a spot by the lake again, I guess it's first come first sited? Looking forward to it, even!
Be lovely to see you again. :hi5: You can certainly be on the Lakeside Field and those without EHU, like yourselves, will be on a first come first served for the lakeside spots. As you know, nowhere is far away from anywhere anyway. Have booked you in for one week...you know you can stay as long as you like. :france:

Jun 7, 2012
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago c-tourer
Exp
Motor homing since 2012
Would like to book on this meet and understand there are no ehu now available. Is it possible to use a generator. We would use it responsibly.

OP
OP
JaG

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
Would like to book on this meet and understand there are no ehu now available. Is it possible to use a generator. We would use it responsibly.
Yes it is, though no-one used one at all last year. It will be fine for charging batteries up, etcc or for medical purposes.
Just let us know what dates you want when you know when you will be there.
Look forward to seeing you.:france:

PAT N PAUL

Free Member
Feb 13, 2015
retford nottinghamshire
Funster No
MH
fiat ducato MWB selfbuild
Exp
1 year
hi, would it be possible to put down for the first week please this will be our first trip abroad in the van and only our second meet.
Will be needing a sunny pitch beside the lake if possible , for our solar panel if that's ok.
kind regards landyman (Paul n pat)

OP
OP
JaG

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
hi, would it be possible to put down for the first week please this will be our first trip abroad in the van and only our second meet.
Will be needing a sunny pitch beside the lake if possible , for our solar panel if that's ok.
Hi Paul & Pat,
w2f You have certainly picked the purrrfect venue for your first time abroad in your van both for the setting and the people with loads of knowledge. I have logged you down on the Lake Rally Field where the sun always shines. :sun::notworthy2:. Look forward to meeting you both. :france:

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
If you are going Portsmouth le Havre and want a slow trip down to the meet let me know and I will enjoy your company.and make you feel at ease driving in France. ..

PAT N PAUL

Free Member
Feb 13, 2015
retford nottinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Exp
1 year
thanks for that khizzie, however we have been abroad on the motorbike, but could be a little different in the van, we are considering either the tunnel or ferry from dover.
Hope we can meet up on arrival for a few beers
regards and thanks again landyman (Paul n pat)

Oct 1, 2014
Funster No
Tunnel travelers here too and bikers too..Dave n June P.S Do you know when your going under?

PAT N PAUL

Free Member
Feb 13, 2015
retford nottinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Exp
1 year
planning going on the tunnel on the 5th, no times as yet but please keep us in mind and we could all go down together.
Safety in numbers lol

daved2524

Free Member
Jan 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
5th wheel and a Nissan
Exp
Since April 2016
Hi Graham could you put me and Toni down for the full two weeks with electrics and a pitch that is good for a 5th wheeler please. I don't fish but Toni is disabled so a pitch near everything would be great if that's possible. I am planning to visit the site this February or early March this year to take a look.

Last edited:

daved2524

Free Member
Jan 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
5th wheel and a Nissan
Exp
Since April 2016
Well Graham I have just found time to read all the posts and it looks like you have your work cut out trying to sort locations and electrics. If you have room for me I could manage without electrics as I am sure I could find a way to charge the disability scooter if that makes things any better.

OP
OP
JaG

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
Well Graham I have just found time to read all the posts and it looks like you have your work cut out trying to sort locations and electrics. If you have room for me I could manage without electrics as I am sure I could find a way to charge the disability scooter if that makes things any better.
:welcome4:Phew, glad you wrote the second post.
It will be no problem, there is plenty of room for a 5th wheeler on the rally field by the lake.
I have put you down for the full two weeks. :cheers:
As you will see the ground is ideal for a mobility scooter being flat and short grass.
Charging the mobility scooter will be no problem as we can soon find an electrical point to charge it. I will have spare capacity on my pitch for you to plug in to recharge as we have one as well.
Look forward to seeing you there. :france:

Oct 25, 2015
Devizes
Funster No
MH
Bailey 79-4t
Exp
Since 2016
Dave, you and me will be fishing then!

Kim H

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 24, 2011
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
Since 2011
Hi @JaG could you put us down for the 2 weeks please. We would prefer lakeside if possible. Thanks.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
That's fine so long as your wife is not frightening all the fish with her talking all the time.
It sounds like a certain male might be in for a bit of a slap. :rofl:

I hope I'm around to see it. :LOL:

Cheers,

Jock. ;)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread