NIC S

Free Member
Mar 19, 2009
WESTON SUPER MARE
Funster No
MH
C CLASS
Exp
Will the wind up type arial work with a digital signal,if not can it be modified or would it need replacing.I'm not sure of the make its has a small winding handle inside with a outer ring with pointer to rotate,on the outside it has two alloy box sections as supports and the top bit is white with two flat plates,A rubbish desription but I hope someone can identify from this,Cheers

Oct 15, 2007
Five Roads Alyth
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 2005
That sounds remarkably like the American Winnguard aerial, and if so yes it'll get digi fine (well ours does). You can get a widget to attach to the head that's supposed to boost signal but I'm not sure if it's really makes any difference(we bought one:Blush:).
Only thing, if it is the Winnguard make sure the amplifier is turned on.

Funny thing recently, trying to watch F1 couldn't get a stable signal with the aerial up but we have one of those signal finders and as I put the aerial back down noticed the signal strenght went up, and hey presto stable signal, aerial down and in the correct stowed position, odd eh?

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
yep ours works ok too, well it did the last time i used it, had a smashing pic on the tv a lot better than those flying saucer thingys

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back