TV

Discussion in 'American RV's' started by NIC S, Apr 23, 2010.

1. NIC S

NIC S Read Only Funster

Will the wind up type arial work with a digital signal,if not can it be modified or would it need replacing.I'm not sure of the make its has a small winding handle inside with a outer ring with pointer to rotate,on the outside it has two alloy box sections as supports and the top bit is white with two flat plates,A rubbish desription but I hope someone can identify from this,Cheers

2. Dodgey

Dodgey Funster

That sounds remarkably like the American Winnguard aerial, and if so yes it'll get digi fine (well ours does). You can get a widget to attach to the head that's supposed to boost signal but I'm not sure if it's really makes any difference(we bought one:Blush:).
    Only thing, if it is the Winnguard make sure the amplifier is turned on.

Funny thing recently, trying to watch F1 couldn't get a stable signal with the aerial up but we have one of those signal finders and as I put the aerial back down noticed the signal strenght went up, and hey presto stable signal, aerial down and in the correct stowed position, odd eh?

3. chatter

chatter Read Only Funster

yep ours works ok too, well it did the last time i used it, had a smashing pic on the tv a lot better than those flying saucer thingys

4. movan

movan Funster Life Member

Are they expensive