Free Member
May 3, 2010
Exeter Devon
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8/5/2010
Have just purchased a 15" flip down TV/DVD for the MH for the front seating area.
Was thinking of using the type of screw plug thats used on plasterboard should be strong enough to fix.
Can any of you guys help me with the wiring I just want it plugged into the 12v socket in one of the cupboard units, connected the live & neg to a cig like plug. prob is as soon as I
plug into power it powers up for a second or two the switches off.
Now theres a yellow wire also that says in the manual its for ACC ??
Have I got a faulty unit or should the yellow be connected.
Hope I am making myself clear, as have just turned 60:RollEyes:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
If you fitted the cigarette type plug yourself, you may have the wrong polarity.

Not sure, but I think the yellow is an output for an ACCessory such as a 12v DVD player.

itexuk

Free Member
Apr 3, 2008
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
Fiat x250
Exp
The ACC Yellow lead is for connection to the auxiliary circuit on the ignition so that the set turns off when you turn the ignition off. I think that if you connect the yellow and the red to a red power cable it should work. Dont forget to put a fuse in both lines.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Are you sure that the 12v supply is sufficient to power the unit? Some of them can have a lower output wattage than others.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
May be helpful to tell us the make & model.
On a car stereo the ACC Yellow wire is connected to a permanent live, function is to keep the memory powered & most of the modern sets turn off straight away if it's not connected just like your TV.

I don't think your fixings will be strong enough it is more a case of what you are fixing to.
Is your roof in the area you are fixing a foam sandwich construction like walls or are hollow behind?
If it's hollow you will need a support behind the panel.
If it's sandwich construction it may be OK at first but a few thousand miles later vibration will probably cause the roof to de-laminate. Normally when a manufacturer fits a flip down screens the roof will have a solid timber bracing built in during manufacture.

I think you need to rethink where and how you are going to fix it.

Lucky old boy I've got to wait another week to turn 60.

OP
OP
Doddy999

Doddy999

Free Member
May 3, 2010
Exeter Devon
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8/5/2010
Looks like I may have a duff one here, connected the yellow to the live & powered up OK
Welcome screen came on then went off, stuck a DVD in it got sound no picture?
So cant get the setup or menu screen up either :Angry:

Thanks for comments, have'nt done my first trip yet & in trouble:Doh:

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
Where in devon are you based?

I will be going to exeter weekend, so could pop by and have a look. I do auto electrics with one of my companies, I don't mind having having a look and rewiring if need be.:thumb:

SandJ

Free Member
Sep 14, 2007
North Yorks
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Too long lol

I will be going to exeter weekend, so could pop by and have a look. I do auto electrics with one of my companies, I don't mind having having a look and rewiring if need be.:thumb:

What an excellent offer well done RC

As to the sound but no picture, this may mean not enough umphh. Our picture goes off and we have sound only when the battery drops to about 11.8.

Hope you get it sorted

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Try connecting the Yellow ACC wire to 12v before connecting the main supply.

OP
OP
Doddy999

Doddy999

Free Member
May 3, 2010
Exeter Devon
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8/5/2010

Thats really kind of you, I'm 5 mins from junction 29 of M5, will try a few things,
Then if no joy will contact you, or if you need a break your more than welcome for a
cuppa:Smile:

Thanks Again Doddy

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back