RS SPIKE

Free Member
Oct 8, 2014
derbyshire
Funster No
MH
ELDDIS SUNSTYLE 140
Exp
Just checking out new MH today to see how everything works (first time motorhomers).
We plan on doing lots of wild camping but would like to use the TV.
It had tv,freeview,and dvd in it when we brought it,but they are all 240v,what would be the best way to power them when wild camping ?
I only have room for one 85 amp leisure battery and i'm having a 100w solar panel fitted next week.
Buy 12v TV or inverter ??

Glandwr

Banned
Jul 10, 2014
the Berwyn Mountains
Funster No
MH
Hymer S740
Exp
since 2009
You are not going to watch much tv with a single 85ah battery especially if you take the inefficient inverter route. Get the one that uses the least power and don't get a screen any larger than you need. Sorry to sound negative but better you know before spending money.

Dick

Upvote 0

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
We have a 19" Cello Traveller TV only takes about 1.5 amp a bit more with DVD running, the van's stereo which we route the sound through takes more power. It is always more efficient to use dedicated 12 volt devices worth investing in 12 volt chargers for cameras, laptops etc.

I also think you will struggle with only one battery, we have 190 A/H of batteries & 200watts of solar and thinking of increasing solar to 300w.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

GeebeeJaybee

Free Member
May 28, 2015
St Helens
Funster No
MH
A Class - Adria Vision
Exp
Hi I am a complete novice having bought our first MH two days ago... This is going to be the first of many stupid questions..... Do the 12v TV's come with a 3 pin plug so we can simply plug into MH socket or does it have a round car charger? thanks in advance
OUr Cello one came with both. We use the 3 pin plug on hook up and the 12V if not.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

froghopper43

Free Member
Jun 5, 2015
winchester
Funster No
MH
renault machzone high top
Exp
since 1998
I really do not want to offend or upset anyone... Honest.... But wild camping. TV. Radio. Newspapers. They don't go together. We wild camp all over the place. That's the point. Sit outside have a stroll chat to others in same place. Watch the sky.. OK. Each to his own....... Travel well travelling happy. But travel.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back