TV storage / mounting solutions (1 Viewer)

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
Hi
We pick up our new to us Chausson welcome 58 top motorhome this weekend and it doesn't have a TV. Not a problem as we have already bought a nice 24 inch TV for it. The van originally came with a TV storage cabinet which it slid out of. That cabinet is too small and we understand some people have converted them to drinks cabinets.. Etc..
Obviously the TV can stand on a table and be put away for travelling but I would rather or was available all the time so it can be watched by passengers alt on the move etc.
I'm looking for practical directions for mounts you have found which are good or other solutions which may work. The aerial and power sources are in that locker but it could go almost anywhere if required..
(imho the locker location isn't too bad)

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
pictures of the vans interior would help.

swift kontiki....i fitted a normal tilt n turn tv bracket on the wardrobe wall with a speader plate in the wardrobe.
easily viewed from both sofa's

never moved from the day it was fitted to the day we sold the van.

Ed Excel

Free Member
Nov 27, 2012
Ribble Valley
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Started 2007
Can't you store it on end, in the intended location, mounted on a centrally fixed bracket which rotates?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Vlad The Impaler

Free Member
Apr 22, 2012
Rutland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012 but longer in my dreams
We store ours in the wardrobe when not in use,however if the kids want to watch a DVD on the move we use 2 g clamps and fix it to the table.We run a lead from the dash to power the tv and don't need an aerial as don't have the facility to watch tv on the move. Are you sure you do?
When we are parked up on site the tv sits in its place in the rear lounge and the aerial attached .

Vlad

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 58

rikfos

Free Member
Feb 13, 2011
hereford
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
pictures of the vans interior would help.

swift kontiki....i fitted a normal tilt n turn tv bracket on the wardrobe wall with a speader plate in the wardrobe.
easily viewed from both sofa's

never moved from the day it was fitted to the day we sold the van.

I agree with this post. The tv stays permanently fixed:thumb:

Feb 1, 2011
Redcar
Funster No
MH
Hymer C. Class
Exp
26 yrs
coldstreamer

Ideal place under the original cabinet, we have same set up, we use a 'Drop/ Swivel/ Extend, bracket, which fixes to the back of the Tele, when we are on the move, it flips up and locks in.
Any decent supplier will stock them, a Google search will pick one up.
Best Regards Mac

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
Looking at the pics If you mount it any where near the original it will be behind the seatbelts for travelling, it looks like a mount on the table to me. Pete

Ps I had a Welcome 76 and I had to use a drop plate to watch from the front seats because it was to high.

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
I suppose a smaller telly that fits in the cupboard is out of the question ::bigsmile:
terry

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back