Jun 23, 2013
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Hi,
Just wonder if any new Auto Trail owners have a problem with getting a signal on TV in cab. Everything else, SAT NAV, radio e.t.c work fine, however just shows no signal for digital TV. tried re tuning but not picking up anything as though it is not connected.
TV in rear of van finds a signal perfectly all the time?
Asked another new owner and they also having a problem. It does work as it was on when we picked the van up.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
have any of the TV's settings been changed by accident?

from the menu, make sure the signal source is set to DTV and the signal type is set to either AUTO or PAL.

If the settings are correct it can only be a coax fault (unplugged) or a fault on the TV itself

If both TV's share a common aerial then there is nothing wrong with that as the other TV gets a good picture..

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Go in the top cupboard where you will find the white TV amp..
Makes sure it's switched on for a start. Also if you have the directional aerial it may need raising and turning to a transmitter.
It could just be that the tuner in the rear lounge TV is a lot better than the in-cab system and managing to receive a signal.

If the amp is on and operational (lit) it should have 2 cables coming out from it. 1 to front, 1 to rear. Swop them around and see what happens..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Skitt

Free Member
Jan 21, 2013
Vale of glam
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2009
Hi. We have an on/off switch for the tv in cab in the right hand overhead locker.
(Fuse box) in our autotrail Delaware 2012 model

stevenjcooper18

Free Member
Apr 28, 2012
Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2011
Hi,
We are having the same problem at the moment.
Had our Tracker RB about two months ago, as with yours we have a TV in the back that works fine. The TV worked when the van was handed over. Ever since then it hasn't worked. We took it back and they replaced the system, this time with a newer model, again it worked when we picked it up. When we got home and tried it, no signal.
So it's going back again this week, I'll let you know what happens.

K9Brian

Free Member
Aug 2, 2010
South Manchester
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since April 2010
Got exactly the same problem on a 2012 Navajo model. Stand alone Tv works fine on the status aerial but overcab TV picture breaks up and finds fewer stations. Going back to be sorted along with other electrical problems - like radio switching itself on constantly.

G8WVW

Free Member
Jan 15, 2013
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 1990 on/off
Do you have a USB/phone charging adaptor plugged into a cigarette lighter socket anywhere near the front TV? Try unplugging it.

I have three of these USB adaptor devices; two unbranded Chinese ones produce so much interference the Phillips DAB radio is often unusable, TV picture freezes and site WIFI slows to virtually nothing. A 'Belkin' branded adaptor is fine.

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
new autotrail

Oh we are so looking forward to picking our new Autotrail up next week, we have spoken with at least 10 other new owners over the last month and all of them have had problems, they list from the auto step coming out and then not going back in, Fridge not working after owning the motorhome for a whole 2 hrs and this medi pack just being a total waste of £999.:Doh:

Has anyone ever bought a new motorhome and NOT had any problems?

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
Autotrails

:Sad: Really interesting to read all these posts on here, as we are on the verge of driving south to look at an Autotrail Dakota over the next couple of weeks. It's 5 years old, but like everything else you might expect some teething problems.

We can honestly say that we haven't had any problems with our Elddis Autoquest 180 that we bought from new. Any "niggles" that we had were minor and dealt with by our local dealer and these were mainly daft things like the squeaky Truma fire:roflmto:

We're only changing because our warranties are coming to an end and we feel that we would like a change of layout and external storage and the Dakota and the Cheyenne 740 are the two that have the best of what we are looking for. But like everything else, when we read posts like this it makes us wonder if we're doing the right thing:RollEyes:

Bill

olddoug

Free Member
Dec 2, 2011
Canterbury
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
TV signal

Check that you are on aux1.Aux2 is for sat so you will get no signal.I have a new Auto Trail all works well however I have had finger trouble with the screen to start with.Auto Trail have a film on you tube.

Good luck
Doug

stevenjcooper18

Free Member
Apr 28, 2012
Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2011
TV signal new autotrail update

Just had the van back from the dealer, and they get a good signal as they are only about 3 miles away from a transmitter, Not very good, seeing as about 90% of the time I'd be on sites with no TV.
It's not acceptable for a system costing so much. It would be interesting to know how many are out there that actually do work properly.

Steve

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
I have had many issues with cab tv aerials - they need to be upgraded really. They don't work off your status - they are a seperate aerial. You usually find it is an internal one either sturck to a window, or behind the dash which is useless.

The ones I replace these with are not very big at all, especially with the price tag of £40 odd quid - that said, they do perform very well. One customer had a van getting 6-14 channels max of varying poor quality, dropping to 3 in a certain cove nearby. He returned to that cove afterwards and reported 79 strong channels.

It may be a case of upgrading your aerial - as the ones that come with these systems are very basic.

stevenjcooper18

Free Member
Apr 28, 2012
Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2011
TV signal new autotrail update

It does work off the status aerial, while they were showing this to me working at the workshop, they moved the aerial and the picture was lost. The small aerial is for the radio.

Steve

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
It does work off the status aerial, while they were showing this to me working at the workshop, they moved the aerial and the picture was lost. The small aerial is for the radio.

Steve

That is unusual, they usually use a second aerial. The reason they don't use the status is because it needs to be pointing in the right direction, and up to get a decent signal - which defeats the object of having a cab tv system, as if you have to stop, align the status - you may as well watch the rear tv.

In theory it would work better with an omni directional - but they were never much cop anyway.

If they have done this with all of them, it would account for those owners having an issue with that model.

I would recommend fitting a seperate aerial of decent quality and treat it as an 'upgrade'

stevenjcooper18

Free Member
Apr 28, 2012
Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2011
I don't think the tuner is very powerful on these systems, not like the TV in the back, a Samsung that I fitted, which tunes in even with a weak signal, using the same aerial.

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
I don't think the tuner is very powerful on these systems, not like the TV in the back, a Samsung that I fitted, which tunes in even with a weak signal, using the same aerial.

What media system is fitted? I would guess at a Clarion, which is a reasonable brand.

I have changed aerials on some one these chinese media systems that people come in with - which allbeit a cheap system, they receive extrmely well with the new aerial. If your media system is struggling, and another system is working fine from that same connection - then the media system is indeed faulty, or not powerful enough. You must make sure it is the same dashboard connection - just incase their is a fault in the coax from the cab to status.

stevenjcooper18

Free Member
Apr 28, 2012
Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2011
I don't know what make the set is, but I may try a cable direct from the set to the aerial as you suggest, just to rule out a problem with the installed cable. If that works ok, I know the set is ok.

Steve

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back