TV not working properly on 12V (1 Viewer)

Gollom

Free Member
Apr 6, 2014
Preston, Lancs
Funster No
MH
Hymer B534 (1994) - Hetty
Exp
Since 2014
Been away and used an adaptor in a 12v socket for the TV. It indicated receiving power but would not give any video output or take video input from HDMI, USD or built-in DVD (for which it would give sound but no picture at all). Occasionally it would give a test pattern screen but then go blank (but blue power light still on)

Just got home and seems OK on mains - logic would suggest that the 12v adaptor not giving enough power or getting enough power from the socket to produce video. That make sense?

Thanks

OP
OP
Gollom

Gollom

Free Member
Apr 6, 2014
Preston, Lancs
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 2014
Got the manual (JVC LT19DK2) which says power requirement for AC Power Adaptor that plugs into 240V is AC100-240V 50/60Mhz 58W Power Consumption 12v/5A. Also mentions DE (Data Enable) only mode 12V/5A

The adaptor I have whiuch plugs into the cigar lighter 12V socket says 12V - 30V DC, output 12.0v 5.0A

So should the TV itself operate the same whichever adaptor I am using? Or is it on it's way out?

Many thanks

OP
OP
Gollom

Gollom

Free Member
Apr 6, 2014
Preston, Lancs
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 2014
Any opinions please? That is assuming I have made clear what I am asking! lol

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 22, 2013
Halifax
Funster No
MH
Relay self-build
Exp
Trainee MH owner
Yes, it is reasonable to assume that the TV should work the same whichever source of 12v you use. Maybe there is no one on here with experience of your model of TV?

There are two possibilities that spring to mind:
  • There is some physical difference between the 12v plugs on the mains adapter and on the one you are using to connect the van 12v (These might be very small and hard to spot)
  • There is some electrical difference between the two power sources in terms of their ability to deliver current, the actual (rather than nominal) voltage they provide, or how "smooth" the supply voltage is
I am not sure how we can help decide whether these are possible causes at a distance? Could you post a picture of the plugs that connect into your TV?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back