tv mounting (1 Viewer)

spinone

Free Member
Mar 11, 2010
Funster No
I know similar questions have been asked before as I've searched but, alas, not found the answer I'm looking for.

Our MH has a cupboard that looks as though it's made for sitting a tv on (12v, 240v and aerial socket adjacent) . The only problem is I can't find a small stand, with the standard vesa mounting, that I can bolt straight through the top of the cupboard. I'd like to leave it in situ while travelling but don't think I can use a wall mounted bracket as the cupboard is on the outside wall and I wouldn't trust blind screws with the weight and don't really want to to put bolts straight through to outside!

Any ideas anyone? I've trawled the interweb and come up with nothing.

Rainbowchaser

Free Member
Feb 27, 2010
Third rock from the sun
Funster No
MH
Err..A blue one
Exp
Hmnn...Quite a long time really...
tv mount

Hi,
I have a slideout metal tray thing that the tv lives on in the cupboard.
I fixed the tv down to this with some screws through the base mount and a couple of those zip straps
Secure so far.
Hope this helps.

OP
OP
S

spinone

Free Member
Mar 11, 2010
Funster No
Thanks for your help.

I should have mentioned it's an avtex 15" flat panel. It has the versa mounts towards the top of the unit so needs a vertical leg on a foot that can be bolted through the top of the cabinet.

I've just been looking on Ebay, to see where other people put their tellys, and have seen one hanging on an outside wall (on the inside). Does this mean it'll be possible on mine? If so, what kind of fixings will I need to use?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 27, 2007
Shropshire based
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
started in 2001
TV Mount

I]Hi Spinone

We removed the TV slide out unit, its reach was limited, and then had to mount our 16" widescreen TV in the cabinet.

As the cabinet sides were only 12mm thick, the right hand side was increased the 18mm by bonding a piece of plywood, to the inside of the cabinet. This increased the structural quality of the cabinet wall.

Having looked at the local suppliers of mounts, we selected a Tesco model, which has a double elbow, and it works a treat. It was screwed into the plywood plate and partly into the cabinet side, and is as stable as a rock. The TV can be parked in the cabinet, and it does not, has not yet moved in transportation, but we do tend to place a cushion in front of the screen when travelling. In use, it swings through 180 degrees to view from the lounge area, or it can be turned through 90 degrees if anyone wanted to view from the sleeping area. To "hang" it as low as possible, we also mounted the decoder on the left hand side wall, no structural work needed hear, its as light as a feather.

I hope this helps.

Nomadic [/I]

OP
OP
S

spinone

Free Member
Mar 11, 2010
Funster No
The cabinet is quite low, lower than the gas hob, and is asking for the tv to sit directly on top of it. The only options for a wall mounting are the outer wall (not preffered) and a very thin, cloth covered, panel between the habitation and cab areas. There is no structure at all to this panel and very little room too as it already has a speaker, plug socket and aerial socket vying for the space.

I have found one support that will do what I want but can't belive there are so few around like it. Link Removed
Leasureshopdirect do what appears to be the same one for less money. The only difference is they photographed it upside down!

Thanks for all your help.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back