TV mounting in Globecar Revolution (1 Viewer)

gerry mcg

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2016
Glasgow, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Globecar 600L Revn
Exp
since 2016
I've managed to fit a Cello 19" traveller TV into Tess. It easy a bit of a challenge as there is not a lot of space to work with.

The first issue is where to mount the TV.
The only obvious place is above the double dinnete seats.
But the lockers obstruct the TV if it is mounted centrally and high up on the bulkhead.

Space is the next question. There is only 130mm of "depth" between the washroom bulkhead and the overhead locker so the combined thickness of the TV and mount must be less than 130mm.

After a bit of research, the 19" Cello traveller 2 TV is 46mm thick, and I found the Carter Flex CFA101L TV mount from Germany was only 43mm thick,.
it was the only tv mount i could find that did the job in the available space and seems popular with German Globecar / Possl owners - not cheap at €130 - https://www.campingshopwagner.de/pr...g-Caratec-Flex-CFA101L-seitlicher-Auszug.html

The caratec CFA101L mount is super. It is not only super slim, but extends out so the screen is completely unhindered by the locker when in use, but slides away when not in use.ir also opens 190 degrees, so you can watch TV from the rear bed area too.

Fitting was a bit awkward, but achieved with 4 M4x20 stainless steel bolts through the washroom bulkhead and fixed with stainless penny washers to spread the load and dome headed stainless nuts to finish off.

Happy with the result. :)
IMG_0158.JPG
IMG_0161.JPG
IMG_0160.JPG
IMG_0166.JPG
IMG_0162.JPG
IMG_0167.JPG
IMG_0168.JPG
IMG_0159.JPG
IMG_0157.JPG

OP
OP
gerry mcg

gerry mcg

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2016
Glasgow, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Globecar 600L Revn
Exp
since 2016
Yip, my wifes' handiwork... She is quite good at that sort of thing.:)
She has just make a blind curtain for the rear doors... Fitted it 5 min ago.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
gerry mcg

gerry mcg

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2016
Glasgow, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Globecar 600L Revn
Exp
since 2016
here is our interior blind for the rear doors.
we have a thermal winter isolation mat for the back doors, but haven’t got round to fitting the poppers to mount it yet. The blind will hopefully be of more use - it stows small, and will stop feet from hitting the window blinds and cut out any drafts around the toes from the meeting of the rear doors. :)
IMG_0270.JPG
IMG_0271.JPG

Last edited:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I was thinking of getting a roller blind (black out) for the back doors that I could put up/down as required rather than the curtains I now use ... it occurred to me that if I'm slobbing out on the bed during the day and have the rear doors open I could put it out horizontally between the doors to form a sun canopy too.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
gerry mcg

gerry mcg

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2016
Glasgow, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Globecar 600L Revn
Exp
since 2016
I was thinking of getting a roller blind (black out) for the back doors that I could put up/down as required rather than the curtains I now use ... it occurred to me that if I'm slobbing out on the bed during the day and have the rear doors open I could put it out horizontally between the doors to form a sun canopy too.
Curtains wouldn't work well in the Revolution with the bed that goes up & down, hence the blind.

Mrs McG had thought about making it as a Roman blind, but decided to make it as a roller blind to start with as she could convert it to a Roman blind quite easily.
The roller blind had 3 cords.
When we went to fit it, we thought it would be simpler, easier and neater to remove the cords and simply hand roll, so she fixed some velcro tabs to hold the rolled blind up. ;)
The top of the blind us attached to a 15mm wooden batten by velcro which is staples to the batten & sewn to the blind.
The tricky part is the van tapers at the roof, so it is about 8" narrower at the top, and widens as it drops, before falling vertical. So she has got an extending batten sewn into the foot of the blind that extends by hand to full width when the blind is down, but can shorten when rolled up to fit in the tapered roof space... Very clever Mrs McG! :)

Phillybarbour

Free Member
Feb 2, 2013
West Lancs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout Revo.
Exp
Since 2010
Bought this exact TV bracket this week on gerrys recommendation. 138 Euro inc delivery, delivery 5 days, fitted in a couple of hours, brilliant. Thanks for posting.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back