Free Member
Jun 6, 2012
Port Grimaud France
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Hi
I have read about sites in Spain providing tv connection on the emplacement,how does this work ? do you still need a decoder or do you connect directly into your television
Alan

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
at amerello in benidorm it was straight to your tv but 1 end of the cable was satelite plug the other end was normal ariel plug but i dont know if all sites are the same if they have internet try filmon for your tv hope this helps

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Firstly the connection..
You will normally need a long cable, 10mtr and your covered to reach anywhere on the pitch.
One end will need a standard TV plug to put in your telly.
The connection at the post on the pitch can vary and will be either a female TV socket, so needing a standard TV plug or a MALE socket so you need a female plug or a TV barrel connector. OR there will be an "f" type screw on socket so your cable will need an "f" type plug as used on satellite cable.. Sounds confusing I know but 3 plugs and your covered..
You can get all the plugs and adaptors from ebay or Maplins..

TV TUNING...
Like in the UK, Spain has also moved up to digital TV... Some sites still have old systems and when you tune the TV for the channels you have to use the old Analogue setting.... Newer sites and one's with newer TV systems now use digital. Here you have to use the digital or DTV tuner on your TV.... If in doubt and your TV has both tunings available just try both of them.
NOTE... Some modern TV's now no longer have the Analogue tuner on board and are just digital TV's... This caught me out at Villasol in Benidorm where they had an old system and my TV was Digital only.. :Doh:

YOU ONLY NEED YOUR TV - NO TUNER/DECODER BOX.

First pic - standard TV plug
Next - TV barrel, will convert TV plug to a female
last - "f" plug at front, rear 2 types of F to tv..
If you fitted an "F" to the cable and had both these adaptors your covered for everything..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Attachments

• mPE0kOG3uy5IhgKWg0BXymw.jpg
    mPE0kOG3uy5IhgKWg0BXymw.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 2
  • my9evnTnJTJNRCxiiyPNFBQ.jpg
    my9evnTnJTJNRCxiiyPNFBQ.jpg
    5.9 KB · Views: 1
  • mmL-wbMceFSprOTYyhj6gPQ.jpg
    mmL-wbMceFSprOTYyhj6gPQ.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
Hi
Yes it was the same cable at Almaffra Benidorm ie one of each type, but Ariel connector both side at Marjal , but I cant remember if it was to the TV or sky box, I think it was to the TV. pete

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
The systems used on campsites are "RF" distribution...

They take in signals off their large satellite dish(es) feed them into satellite receivers, one tuned for each channel they want. Then re-broadcast the signal down a cable to the pitches.
Their distribution box can be either old analogue or the new digital one depending on age.
The signals will arrive at your TV in the same frequency range as if it was coming from a television transmitter.

Simples..:winky:

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
Hi
Yes it was the same cable at Almaffra Benidorm ie one of each type, but Ariel connector both side at Marjal , but I cant remember if it was to the TV or sky box, I think it was to the TV. pete

marjal was tv and mainly itv2 constant you been framed a program that since marjal now give me nightmares :ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back