Jul 30, 2012
wales
Funster No
MH
horsebox- same principal!
Exp
4 years
Hi guys

I have sort of gatecrashed here a little as I'm not a campervan owner, but a horsebox owner (please dont shout :winky:) however seeing as its a query to do with the living quarters I thought you may be able to help!

I have an existing tv in the living area (supplied by a leisure battery and also has a mains hook up) however its a bit archaic and needs to be upgraded to digital. I was wondering what the best way to go about this was?

I have looked at 12v tv's however the gap it has to go in is only a mere 12 inches so its a bit of a struggle finding something that small. Does anyone know of anywhere that may stock them?

My other option is to look at a digibox and an inverter(?) but not really sure what im to look out for in this though, and which is a good buy

The whole electrical thing is a bit foreign to me, and after a few hours of trawling the tinterweb i am now thoroughly confused! Any help will be gratefully received

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
my tv packed up and i bought this 1 which is 12v but i was told by a friend that there could be a problem with it with a hookup in europe as the rate there varies and can blow the tv out is that the case Link Removed

grasscutter

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 11, 2009
East Wittering. West Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis i588
Exp
Started in 1980
Worth looking at Maplins. They stock a couple of models and have a number of stores around where you can look at them.

link :- Link Removed

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
my tv packed up and i bought this 1 which is 12v but i was told by a friend that there could be a problem with it with a hookup in europe as the rate there varies and can blow the tv out is that the case Link Removed
The trouble is Bill, Cat01 is looking for something a bit smaller. :winky:
Cat01 said:
however the gap it has to go in is only a mere 12 inches

Cheers,

Jock.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
We bought a 12v/240v 10 inch TV from Maplins a couple of years ago and it works OK (when we bother watching it :Smile:). Link Removed is the current equivalent.

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
These look good offers but be sure to read the description of " B Grade offers "
Which can be returned or used items or just damaged boxes .. I have purchased an item like this with no probs

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005

it perfectly safe to use a UK TV in Europe.

same 230v voltage, same 50Hz frequency...but most of Europe used to use a different transmission system.

Britain = PAL and Europe = SECAM....

both now use the same DVB-T for digital TV.

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi you can also buy a digi box for £13 from Asda they are /were 12v so no need for inverter
terry

Attachments

• SIMPLE GUIDE TO 12 VOLT LCD TV FOR MOTORHOMES.doc
    2.9 KB · Views: 10

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back