Free Member
Jul 31, 2009
Clevedon, Bristol
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
1 week (ahh)
Got our lovely RV and just enjoying it so much.

It didnt come with a TV so we bought a flat screen one and sorted out the arial connector.
It works when the Genny is running but not off the leisure battery-not even a stand by light. The control panel says the leisure battery is topped up, and everything else works off the leisure battery...am I missing something? There was a lot to take in on pick up day and it made sense at the
time but perhaps I havent switched a switch that needs switching? or maybe it requires too much power to be operated from the battery alone? no that cant be right. I took the tv indoors and tried it and it works so what can it be?

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
sounds like its only plugged into a 230v socket.

you need to plug it into a 12v socket to run on batteries.

and it will only work on 12v if its dual voltage (12v and 230v) or has a transformer in the power line.
you can only run it on one or the other, not 12v and 230v at the same time.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 19, 2009
Rotherham
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Since 2009
Think i read it somewhere,its a safety feature that stops you watching the telly whilst driving down the road.Who would do a thing like that?:ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
jomel

jomel

Free Member
Jul 31, 2009
Clevedon, Bristol
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
1 week (ahh)
Sorry I have taken so long to answer Peter, and everyone. With all the excitement of the new RV and moving in etc I got tired and fell asleep. Yes 12v DC and 240 Genny.

Apart from anything theres an ariel/ sattelite connector issue. We are popping back to the dealer in a day or two cos theres a couple of other minor things need sorting and they have been so helpful. I think there was such a lot to take in on the day and although, we took it in then, we lost it by the time we got home if that makes sense? Shudda wrote it all down tusk!

Cant get the hotwater to work now, but not too stressed, theres a shower block over the way and I'm ok boiling the kettle to do dishes. It will all be sorted by next week.

I tried the oven at teatime lol the smoke set the fire alarm off which set me off trembling and I changed menu's halfway through. Getting used to everything ...well takes some getting used to ha ha.

We have come to a nice site in Wales to put into practice emptying tanks and filling up before setting off on a longish trip next week.

She is one of the smallest RV's I think at 25ft but so comfortable.

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
It sounds just wonderful! We were the same when we picked ours up in December. By the time we finally used it (after the snow) I had forgotten everything I'd been told but I called the Truma service centre and within 5 minutes, I understood how it all worked.

Ivy

Dreamchaserrv

Free Member
Jan 31, 2008
Wherever we park
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
9 Years
jomel;257956 I tried the oven at teatime lol the smoke set the fire alarm off which set me off trembling and I changed menu's halfway through. Getting used to everything ...well takes some getting used to ha ha. [/QUOTE said:
RV smoke alarms are usually very sensative and the manufacturers always place close to the oven. We moved ours to front of bus. Still goes off too often:ROFLMAO: but usually on cold days when sudden rise of temp from hob or oven sends it screaming.

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Got our lovely RV and just enjoying it so much.

It didnt come with a TV so we bought a flat screen one and sorted out the arial connector.
It works when the Genny is running but not off the leisure battery-not even a stand by light. The control panel says the leisure battery is topped up, and everything else works off the leisure battery...am I missing something? There was a lot to take in on pick up day and it made sense at the
time but perhaps I havent switched a switch that needs switching? or maybe it requires too much power to be operated from the battery alone? no that cant be right. I took the tv indoors and tried it and it works so what can it be?

Got any pictures of the RV yet?

OP
OP
jomel

jomel

Free Member
Jul 31, 2009
Clevedon, Bristol
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
1 week (ahh)
No pics of our own yet, but she is the Four winds chateaux. They should have a pic at Freedom motorhomes. Some people may think its not enough space for extended holidaying:Smile: But its big enough for us. It is immaculate inside too, I love it. Its just the techy side I need to get used to.

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
glad to see things are progressing, when you go back take a video and film all explainations then you can always look back at the tape.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back