TV black screen (1 Viewer)

S

sinbad1

Deleted User
Umm it looks like my 32" tv is caput:cry: picture suddenly went ;but sound ok, have checked all the connections and they seem fine. Since there is sound there all i can assume is the graphic side has gone. Any ideas before i bin it and does anyone know of any good deals.

Regards

nb just looking at some that say HD ready and others that say Full HD ?

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
i believe HD ready is some internal circuitry and a built-in socket for an HD receiver/converter.

full HD is fully integrated in the TV.

Andy 01424

Free Member
Aug 10, 2009
Hastings East Sussex
Funster No
MH
RV soon!
Exp
0 but lived in static for 2yrs
my 26" phillips went on graphic side ,replacment part fault diagniosis and repair £80,depends really how much you liked it in the first place but scout around there a few good deals on tv's ,will say if you do find one ,type the model number in search engine you may get it cheaper
:thumb:

OP
OP
S

sinbad1

Deleted User
Thanks for your replies

John did look at some argos ones the sharpe looks good value not sure how reliable they are , there was a bush @ £349 that was full HD they seem to be quite a good make in fact the first tele i can remember was a bush (black and white one)

Andy Suppose i could get it repaired ;but then its like 2yr old now, like most things these days not built to last ( sure they programme the tv's to conk out after a period of time).

Regards

G4GMO

Free Member
Sep 6, 2007
Herefordshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
Only 2 years, should last longer than that, guarantees may only be 12 months but the responsibility for it doesn't stop there. Could be worth checking your rights and getting them to replace the faulty part, possibly the back light inverter. Would still cost you something though I expect but much cheaper than a new tv.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Andy 01424

Free Member
Aug 10, 2009
Hastings East Sussex
Funster No
MH
RV soon!
Exp
0 but lived in static for 2yrs
Only 2 years, should last longer than that, guarantees may only be 12 months but the responsibility for it doesn't stop there. Could be worth checking your rights and getting them to replace the faulty part, possibly the back light inverter. Would still cost you something though I expect but much cheaper than a new tv.

only got it repaired as it had a DVI computer port which is rare:winky:but nice tv to you could try these
dabs.com - Televisions products at great prices from dabs.com

Play.com (UK) - Electronics - Free Delivery - Television

Or even Tesco or Asda do some good deals,tesco 3 weks ago were selling Panasonic 22" comp monitors for £105:Eeek: 5ms response time

johng

Free Member
Aug 15, 2007
Kent/Sussex UK
Funster No
MH
1984 C ClassGMC
Exp
hi , could well be the backlight bulb.. screen will still be working but very hard to see much..

may also be the inverter which generates the thousands of V needed to power the bulb,

a relatively common problem with laptop screens I think

J

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
may also be the inverter which generates the thousands of V needed to power the bulb,
J

Get's my vote.

A google will find loads of sites offering replacement inverters, trouble is, they are not cheap and it just might not be that.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
You may find that unplugging from mains might unnscamble its brain, had a Philips that did that.

If you want a new TV I own a TV wholesaler in Poole who delivers nationwide by TNT.

Peter

davetthedon

Free Member
Mar 25, 2009
Malvern, Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
GreatBig Bugger
Exp
FWIW my daughters tv, a mikomi (from Argos I think) did this last night. You could just see the picture if you squinted. On the remote there is a text button, a tv button and an av button. By pressing each one after the other, eventually it came on. It did flash on for a second or two when switched on for the first time though. and the text came on for a second or two as well. I assume it just needed a kick of power as it doesn't get used very often. Maybe your tv is the same, if its only used in the van. Its worth a go, even if i'm wrong! :winky:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back