TV - Basic Advice Needed (1 Viewer)

M

Mobi-EET

Deleted User
Help... Just swapped our van and the new model has no aerial at all... having made done with the standard aerial on the previous van, with a standard analogue tv, i'm totally in the dark about what the various options are re. digtal/freeview/satelite ... asked the dealer who sold us the van but he was very vague on the whole subject.... so, any advice on the following is appreciated.

Standard Aerial or Dish? - can you get digital signals of an aerial or do you need a dish?
what kind of coverage do you get from either in the UK? i.e. what's the likelihood of getting a picture?
if going for a dish, what are the pro's/cons of a free standing dish on a tripod, connected via external satelite/aerial point?
what is a reasonable price to expect to pay for a 'starter pack'

we do travel abroad but are not overly concenred about watching tv when out of the country?

looking throuh the forum there are masses of info and i just need some simple pointers...
thanks...

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi a good easy set up is a Status 530 or if it fits 535 (longer) £100 ish
Asda sell a 12 v on digi box £13-- Duraband
see below for tv
terry

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
hi and welcome to the FUN :thumb:
Wow!!! its taken a long time to make your first post but you wont regret it.

i reckon the status mentioned by terry is one of the best and does work well with digital and anologue tv.

satellite is the best option as its practically guaranteed to get you loads of channels....english and foreign.

the advantage with a dish is you can get uk channels in most of northern europe.

personally i wouldnt bother with the 'suitcase' types....while they do work they can be fiddly to set up and 'tune' to the satellite.

i dont have a normal aerial (took it off to make room for my solar panel) but i have a 'crankup' dish on the roof.

my first one was a domestic 60cm dish on a pole...worked well but storage was a problem.

if you go the terrestrial aerial route ensure its digital compatable as anologue is shutting down all over the country.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back